Sr. Mechanical Engineer-Medical Device (REF1126V)
KMC Systems, Inc. is a white label specialized manufacturing partner providing complex instrumentation for leading global medical device and health care companies seeking innovative discovery, testing and therapy solutions. 40 years of product innovation and Federal Drug Administration (FDA) compliance management have kept KMC at the forefront of end-to-end lab automation, gene sequencing, invitro diagnostics, liquid biopsies and bio processing, helping brands to excel and build a better tomorrow together.
We are currently recruiting for a highly talented Sr. Mechanical Engineer but we are looking for more than an impressive skill set. We are looking for the type of person who respects others for their knowledge, skills, and experience as individuals and as team members. If you are the type of person who has high integrity and would thrive in an inclusive environment of camaraderie and friendship with your fellow teammates, we’re pretty confident you’ll love it here.
- Design, modify or identify commercial items; such as: robotics, mechanisms, mechanical components, fluidics components and/or mechanical subassemblies, etc.
- Perform analyses and experiments to evaluate products, designs or processes. Utilizing mathematical techniques, specialized computer programs, FEA, Tolerance Stack-up, etc.
- Prepare engineering specifications and procedures.
- Produce 3D CAD part files, assemblies and associated drawings.
- Produce and evaluate engineering prototypes.
- Prepare technical documentation relating to proposals, reports, specifications, etc.
- Provide recommendations regarding design feasibility given specified materials and processes.
- Perform lab/field testing for new or existing applications.
- Troubleshoot mechanical issues on existing products and design, implement and document the solutions
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Engineer Position: Minimum of a Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar engineer degree with 5-10 years applicable complex mechanical engineering experience
- Strong working understanding of designing for multiple manufacturing processes (machining, sheet metal, welding, casting, plastic injection molding and thermoforming, etc.)
- Medical fluidic system design, implementation and testing
- Machine chassis design (weldments, sheet metal, castings) and Instrument covers design (formed and/or molded plastic and painted sheet metal)
- Practical working experience with Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) and tolerance stack analysis.
- Strong communication and team work skills including: written, verbal, interpersonal, presentation and organizational skills
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office suite and 3D CAD (SolidWorks - preferred) software
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.