Senior Mechanical Engineer-Medical Device (REF484B)
KMC Systems is a cutting-edge design Services Company focused on solving complex engineering problems for medical OEMs and start-up companies using multidisciplinary expertise, collaborative teams, and proven processes. We have contract designed a broad range of medical devices and instruments ranging from clinical chemistry and immunoassay instruments to minimally invasive biopsy systems and PCR diagnostic analyzers. We currently have an opening for a Mechanical Engineer to join our rapidly growing team. The successful applicant will work within the mechanical engineering department assisting in the design and development of mechanical systems and be part of a focused team creating and supporting new medical products.
KMC Systems is a subsidiary of Elbit Systems of America (ESA). Elbit Systems of America is a leading provider of high performance products, system solutions, and support services focusing on the defense, homeland security, commercial aviation, and medical instrumentation markets. With facilities throughout the United States, Elbit Systems of America is dedicated to supporting those who contribute daily to the safety and security of the United States. Elbit Systems of America, LLC is wholly owned by Elbit Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ: ESLT and TASE: ESLT), a global high technology company engaged in a wide range of programs for innovative defense and commercial applications. For additional information, visit: www.elbitsystems-us.com or follow us on Twitter.
This is an advanced level position in which work assignments require the regular application of broad mechanical engineering expertise and experience with large and complex design and development projects. In order to provide technical solutions for these significant medical projects; this position requires the use of considerable initiative and creativity. Applicant must possess a complete understating and wide application of all Mechanical Engineering principles.
- Responsible for designing, documenting, modifying, and/or selecting complex items such as: mechanisms, components, structures, assemblies and mechanical systems.
- Develop, design and product performance specification requirements.
- Lead or conduct analysis and experiments to evaluate designs or processes.
- Conduct and review advanced computer modeling and simulations to design or test products.
- Design, build and evaluate engineering breadboards and prototypes.
- Ensure component reliability based on technical evaluation of vendor's designs and manufacturing processes.
- Assist manufacturing in the transition of design projects from development into production and troubleshooting customer application problems.
- Prepare cost estimates on proposed major design products and assisting in preparing technical proposals for competitive bids.
- Utilize project planning and monitoring methods to ensure timely completion of tasks.
- Perform other related engineering duties as assigned.
- Education: Minimum of a Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering (Master’s preferred) with 5 or more years applicable complex mechanical engineering experience
- 3D solid modeling proficiency required. SolidWorks experience strongly preferred.
- Strong communication and team work skills including: written, verbal, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Incumbents must possess a broad knowledge in mechanical engineering as well as strong application of mechanical engineering design principles and practices.
- Experience with machine sensors, telemetry and instrumentation desired.
- Experience with machine reliability and machine maintenance and servicing.
- A strong understanding of designing for multiple manufacturing processes (machining, sheet metal, weldments, casting, plastic injection molding and thermoforming, etc.)
- Practical working experience with Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) and tolerance stack analysis.
- Experience designing medical devices or automation equipment is strongly preferred.
Elbit Systems of America is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.