Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
- 220 Daniel Webster Hwy, Merrimack, NH 03054, USA
Elbit Systems of America is a leading provider of high performance products, system solutions, and support services focusing on the defense, homeland security, commercial aviation, and medical instrumentation markets. With facilities throughout the United States, Elbit Systems of America is dedicated to supporting those who contribute daily to the safety and security of the United States. Elbit Systems of America, LLC is wholly owned by Elbit Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ: ESLT and TASE: ESLT), a global high technology company engaged in a wide range of programs for innovative defense and commercial applications. For additional information, visit: www.elbitsystems-us.com or follow us on Twitter.
- Coordinate with internal resources including Quality Mission Engineering (QME), Production, and Supply Chain Management for the smooth transition of new equipment, product and processes into production.
- Perform contract review as it relates to all Production and Quality requirements. Issue results and recommendations as required to appropriate departments within Operations for understanding and implementation scope.
- Prepare production, quality, and production layout plans, as well as throughput analysis for new production program
- Review and evaluate, or develop complex manufacturing processes and methods to include run-times and bill-of-material, and initiate actions for adaptations or modifications to machinery or equipment that will reduce the cost of products or improve product performance, quality, and delivery, with particular regard for Lean Manufacturing
- In conjunction with Lean Coordinator, coordinate Lean Manufacturing project efforts with Production, Buyer/Planners and Facilities in order to establish efficient lean production operations, work place layout, and facilities.
- Conduct feasibility studies relative to plans for improved production efforts.
- Identify, develop manufacturing jigs, tools, fixtures and methods to meet engineering specifications and provide efficient manufacturing.
- Assist in the preparation and submission of preliminary budgets and support proposal efforts for new programs.
- Maintain effective liaison with the Program Engineering staff, and other departments to provide resolution to producibility problems and increase efficient manufacturing processes.
- Maintain effective liaison with Government/Regulatory Agencies and/or customers in order to provide resolution to manufacturing process or product quality issues identified by these external customers.
- Analyze statistical data from the KDS system to evaluate trends, investigate failures completely to determine the root cause and take appropriate corrective action to revise design, work instructions, and inspection/test instructions to prevent failure recurrence.
- Analyze engineering change orders (ECO) for effect on product producibility, test equipment requirements, work instructions, and test procedures.
- Review and disposition non-conforming material instituting preventive measures to eliminate or minimize recurrence.
- Perform travel assignment to subcontractors and project partners to coordinate product build assuring that a quality product is produced on time at the lowest cost.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
A Bachelor’s degree in engineering and 6-8 years’ related experience resulting in proficiency in the above areas, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. ASQ, Lean Manufacturing, or SME certification is desirable. Some positions require a security clearance issued by the Department of Defense. Must be available for domestic and international travel.
As a contractor to the U.S. federal government, all Elbit Systems of America employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. As a result, full vaccination is required for this position unless you are legally entitled to an accommodation.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.