Sr. Software Engineer
- 220 Daniel Webster Hwy, Merrimack, NH 03054, USA
Are you a strong Senior Software Engineer who collaborates with other high quality, dedicated engineering professionals? Looking for purpose? You would have the opportunity to develop cutting edge Medical Device products that are used every day to improve people’s health and well-being.
This opportunity requires a driven engineer willing and able to tackle complex and challenging technical issues using their expertise and ingenuity. You will enjoy a culture that values hard work, creativity, and getting the job done; will work side by side with other dedicated engineers across a range of disciplines; and will know that the products that they take to market will ultimately make real improvements in people’s lives.
Don’t let this opportunity to make a difference pass you by. Check it out and Apply!
At KMC Systems, an Elbit Systems of America company, we spend our days working on exciting and meaningful innovative solutions that protect and save lives. From providing solutions for our warfighters and commercial pilots, to providing lifesaving medical instrumentation and homeland security technologies, the employees of Elbit Systems of America understand the value of their work and why we do what we do each and every day. We are looking for extraordinary people to join us in making a difference in the lives of others.
- Design, implement, and deliver reliable, high quality, robust embedded and desktop software targeted to complex medical instruments meeting regulatory standards
- Create, maintain, and review software project documents including software development plans, software configuration plans, and detailed software design documents
- Participate in software project risk analysis and hazard analysis
- Drive software requirements with other members of the software team as appropriate (team lead, architect, etc.) and proactively work to integrate with system requirements
- Participate in Software Change Control Boards, and participate in the investigation and resolution of software defects
- Utilize software engineering best practices (unit and integration testing, static analysis, code reviews, design reviews)
- Prioritize and manage workload, while remaining productive, in a fast-paced environment
- Mentor, train, and guide other developers
- Support modernization and continuous improvement of the software development process and software tools
- Work cooperatively within the software group as well as across disciplines such as systems, electrical, optical and mechanical to deliver projects on-time and on budget
- Lead software teams on projects and work with Management to develop time and resource estimates
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or related discipline (Master’s degree preferred)
- 5 or more years of relevant experience developing software for complex instrument or devices that include motion control and fluidics
- Demonstrated experience in object-oriented design methodology and programming languages, primarily C# or C++
- Strong understanding of revision control systems, and issue tracking systems
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously (Good organizational and multi-tasking skills)
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Practical experience with Java, Python, and C
- Experience with medical device regulatory standards such as IEC 62304 , ISO 13485, and ISO 14971 including experience with system risk / hazard analysis
- Thorough knowledge of SDLC for software development in a medical device
- Knowledge and experience developing software for diagnostics or medical devices
- Experience with Automated Test environments and principles
- Having a creative and innovative mindset, with the ability to think on your feet
- Software time and cost estimation experience
- Experience with various software development and support related tools such as DOORS, Resharper, and Jenkins
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.