Intern Content Writer (Volunteer)
- Ratmalana, Colombo, WP, Sri Lanka
- Employees can work remotely
Edvicon International is a volunteer-driven, non-profit organization registered under the Digital Infrastructure & Information Technology Division, Ministry of Defense, Sri Lanka.
Edvicon International wants to enhance the quality of education the students receive and enhance the literacy among the Sri Lankan students and students from our member countries while being in an educated International Community.
Edvicon International always fights to give the best out of bests for it's members while focusing on the organization's vision, mission and organizational values. We are determined to prepare and empower our members with skills and knowledge required to be a challenging figure when they are ready to be in the industry right after completing the education.
We are looking for a Content Writer to join our team and enrich our websites with new blog posts, guides, and marketing copy.
Content Writer responsibilities include conducting thorough research on industry-related topics, generating ideas for new content types, and proofreading articles before publication. If you are familiar with producing online content and have an eye for detail, we would like to meet you.
- Dedicate 1 hour per day for the organizational work
- Research industry-related topics (combining online sources, interviews, and studies)
- Write clear marketing copy to promote our products/services
- Submit work to editors for input and approval
- Identify members’ needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics
- Ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, images, and tone)
- Applicant must be between the maximum age limit of 28 years
- Educational background in Marketing, English, Journalism, or related field
- Experience as a Content Writer, Copywriter, or similar role
- Portfolio of published articles
- Familiarity with web publications. Medium is an added advantage
- Advanced writing and editing skills in English and ability to meet deadlines
Our company culture and ways of working are key differentiators for us and a big part of what distinguishes us from our competitors. Trust, Collaboration, and Agility are the cornerstones of how we operate and interact with members, partners, and coworkers. We strive to give our members education solutions that perfectly match their current needs and can flex to cover all eventualities in the future. To achieve that, we go the extra mile in terms of service, availability, and commitment. That’s why #ProudlyEdvicon.
Our idea is simple: give people a trusting work environment, promote collaboration across continental, regional, and departmental divides, and make sure there are enough freedom and flexibility to integrate volunteerism and life. Looking at the above-average tenure of our volunteers, we’d say it has been a winning recipe. But it doesn’t stop at volunteer satisfaction.