Intern Social Media Coordinator (Volunteer)
- Ratmalana, Colombo, WP, Sri Lanka
- Employees can work remotely
Edvicon International is a volunteer-driven, non-profit organization registered under the Digital Infrastructure & Information Technology Division, Ministry of Defense, Sri Lanka.
Edvicon International wants to enhance the quality of education the students receive and enhance the literacy among the Sri Lankan students and students from our member countries while being in an educated International Community.
Edvicon International always fights to give the best out of bests for it's members while focusing on the organization's vision, mission and organizational values. We are determined to prepare and empower our members with skills and knowledge required to be a challenging figure when they are ready to be in the industry right after completing the education.
We are looking for a talented Social Media Coordinator. You will be responsible for creating original copy to post with photos and video content across our social media platforms to increase fan base and engagement across all our international social platforms – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Business, etc.
- Create, edit, publish and share engaging content daily - original text, organizational news with a focus on images, graphics, videos
- Stay up-to-date with changes in all social platforms ensuring maximum effectiveness
- Monitor and leverage hashtags and trending content relevant to the organization
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor customer conversations
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Experience with social media content creation and community management
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image, and video)
- Solid understanding of leveraging hashtags and trending topics
- Knowledge of online marketing channels
- Excellent communication and copywriting skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Must be a team player and possessing superior and persuasive communication skills
- Experience with website content management (not required but preferred)
Our company culture and ways of working are key differentiators for us and a big part of what distinguishes us from our competitors. Trust, Collaboration, and Agility are the cornerstones of how we operate and interact with members, partners, and coworkers. We strive to give our members education solutions that perfectly match their current needs and can flex to cover all eventualities in the future. To achieve that, we go the extra mile in terms of service, availability, and commitment. That’s why #ProudlyEdvicon.
Our idea is simple: give people a trusting work environment, promote collaboration across continental, regional, and departmental divides, and make sure there are enough freedom and flexibility to integrate volunteerism and life. Looking at the above-average tenure of our volunteers, we’d say it has been a winning recipe. But it doesn’t stop at volunteer satisfaction.