Casual Research Associate (II) for the Army Educational Outreach Program (AEOP)
EDC is one of the world’s leading nonprofit research and development firms. EDC designs, implements, and evaluates programs to improve education, health, and economic opportunity worldwide. Collaborating with both public and private partners, we strive for a world where all people are empowered to live healthy, productive lives.
EDC’s approach to equity, diversity, and inclusion is grounded in EDC’s commitment to respect the dignity of each individual. EDC has a commitment to promoting equity and access to high quality education and health services that contribute to thriving communities where people from diverse backgrounds learn, live, and work together. EDC expresses its commitment to increasing equity through its strategies, services, and products, which contribute to building capacity and transforming lives.
EDC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to enhancing the diversity of its workforce and ensuring an equitable and highly inclusive work environment. EDC is a smoke-free workplace, and offers a supportive work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits. Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The Army Educational Outreach Program (AEOP) is a Department of Defense funded project led by the U.S. Army, Battelle, and its partners, National Science Teaching Association, Technology Student Association, Tennessee Tech University, Rochester Institute of Technology, Metriks Amerique, and Widmeyer Communications. AEOP is a portfolio of U.S. Army-sponsored STEM programs that aim to engage, inspire, and attract the next generation of STEM talent through programs for students from kindergarten through graduate school. Researchers at EDC are evaluating the success of the project in carrying out its goals.
This is a casual position. Casual employees generally work on specific projects, as needed. A casual position receives statutory benefits of Social Security contributions, Medicare contributions, unemployment insurance, worker’s compensation insurance and sick leave. A casual position ends when work is complete.
This position is open to U.S.-based telecommuters; beginning in June through September 2022.
We are seeking a Casual Research Associate (II) to assist with quantitative and qualitative data analysis. This person will work collaboratively with the EDC team on a large evaluation study that will provide information on how the project work is being carried out and possibilities for improvement.
- Independently carry out quantitative research and analysis, in consultation with project leaders
- Manage large data sets (i.e., clean, merge, and catalog data records and large data sets)
- Establish and monitor data quality control policies and procedures, including data cleaning (e.g., performing logic and range checks), protection of sensitive data, reporting, and ensuring the reliability and integrity of results
- Prepare written materials, including writing and editing reports summarizing evaluation findings
- Contribute to the development of visual content, including data visualizations and PowerPoint presentations
- Contribute to the preparation of recommendations based on evaluation findings
- Work closely and collaboratively with colleagues at EDC
- Assist with administrative tasks relevant to the project, including data management efforts
You’ll be successful in this role if you have:
- Availability to work full-time from June – September 2022; availability to work 40 hours week, including Monday-Friday from 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM ET
- A bachelor’s degree
- 7-10 years quantitative or mixed-methods research experience
- Experience using statistical software packages (e.g., SPSS, SAS/STAT, R) and experience managing large data sets
- Experience synthesizing research findings and developing written materials for outside audiences
- Demonstrable initiative, creativity, and flexibility
- Superior organizational skills
- The ability to work independently and in groups; strong interpersonal skills
- Master’s degree or PhD in a related field preferred
- Experience developing data visualizations (in Excel, R, Tableau or other software) a plus
- Experience or coursework in informal education programs (including STEM programs) is a plus
What we offer:
- A mission-driven work environment
- Guidance and training
At EDC, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the increased transmissibility with recent variants, all US-based EDC employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and provide proof thereof, as a condition of employment. Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be considered.