Digital Communications Manager
- New York, NY, USA
- Employees can work remotely
EDUCATION DEVELOPMENT CENTER (EDC)
EDC is one of the world’s leading nonprofit research and development firms. EDC designs, implements, and evaluates programs to improve education, health, and economic opportunity worldwide. Collaborating with both public and private partners, we strive for a world where all people are empowered to live healthy, productive lives.
EDC is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
EDC’s approach to equity, diversity, and inclusion is grounded in EDC’s commitment to respect the dignity of each individual. EDC has a commitment to promoting equity and access to high quality education and health services that contribute to thriving communities where people from diverse backgrounds learn, live, and work together. EDC expresses its commitment to increasing equity through its strategies, services and products, which contribute to building capacity and transforming lives.
EDC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to enhancing the diversity of its workforce and ensuring an equitable and highly inclusive work environment. EDC is a smoke-free workplace, and offers a supportive work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits.
The Office of Communications has an opening for a Digital Communications Manager reporting to the Director of Communications.
EDC is seeking a digital communications manager to support our external communications and visibility efforts. This person will play a critical role in helping translate EDC’s varied technical research and programmatic work into visually compelling social media content and digital campaigns. This person will also play a creative execution role in helping to conceive and manage production for multi-channel stories and outreach campaigns that inform, inspire and engage partners and nonprofit thought leaders.
We’re looking for someone with strong social media design and copywriting skills, who understands and lives in social media formats and channels of all kinds, and wants to conceptualize, plan and execute content marketing programs that will elevate EDC’s work and influence to solve some of the world’s most pressing challenges.
Ideal candidates will have knowledge of, or interest in, social impact communications with an emphasis on racial equity, gender equity, and development and humanitarian issues, in addition to graphic design and digital marketing skills.
- Content strategy, creative production + editorial management
- Conceive, design (or provide creative direction and briefs to designers), draft copy, vet for accuracy, and publish content across EDC social channels daily
- Support the planning of long-term public facing content campaigns as needed through research, planning and conception
- Manage and update content calendars to ensure daily cadence and timely content publishing
- Publish content and engage in social media community management as appropriate
- Track the latest news and policies to inform editorial planning and deliverables and sync with EDC news and priorities
- Collaborate with media relations manager, designers, and counterparts across EDC programs and divisions to ensure alignment and best in class social media delivery
- Identify and produce analytics to inform the type of visuals, messaging and format that perform best on social
- Manage and curate a library of visual assets that can be used by the office for ongoing communications purposes
- Identify creative opportunities to better leverage digital channels that advance EDC’s communications goals
- Identify, vet and respond to inquiries on social media platform
- 5+ years of experience producing content and managing digital and social media content programs
- Deep knowledge and enjoyment of social media and digital communications programs to tell stories, build community and influence conversations
- Experience and enjoyment in cultivating and managing social media communities
- Understanding and interest in digital communications as a tool to contribute to the public dialogue that advances equity + economic development
- High level of initiative, self-motivation, resourcefulness, and patience – ability to execute a strategic agenda
- Excellent copywriting skills, with an ability to look past jargon to craft or produce compelling text
- Excellent social media design skills or creative direction that lead to the development of compelling visuals
- Ability to build trust and work collaboratively with all key stakeholders, i.e. practice areas, local office key contacts, global and regional media and marketing teams
- Strong organizational skills with ability to plan, set goals, and manage multiple projects simultaneously within a fast-moving environment
- Comfort with ambiguity and willingness to embrace an iterative process
- Versatility and openness towards new ideas and change
APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE A COVER LETTER TO BE CONSIDERED. Please include top examples of recent social media or digital content production and/or creative portfolio.