Training and Technical Assistance Coordinator
- Waltham, MA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
EDUCATION DEVELOPMENT CENTER (EDC)
EDC is one of the world’s leading nonprofit research and development firms. EDC designs, implements, and evaluates programs to improve education, health, and economic opportunity worldwide. Collaborating with both public and private partners, we strive for a world where all people are empowered to live healthy, productive lives.
EDC is committed to diversity in the workplace.
The National Center on Health, Behavioral Health, and Safety (NCHBHS) in the Early Childhood Portfolio within the U.S. Division has an opening for a Training & Technical Assistance Specialist II (Training Coordinator), reporting to the center’s Associate Project Director.
The NCHBHS is one of four Head Start national centers in the training and technical assistance (TTA) system of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families, Office of Head Start (OHS). The Center provides research-informed TTA that reflects current evidence and promotes best practices to strengthen professional development outcomes for staff and improve the health, behavioral health, and safety of children and families enrolled in Head Start and/or Early Head Start (HS/EHS) programs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS of the Training Coordinator position
The person in this position is expected to communicate clearly and courteously; to develop and maintain positive relationships with clients, consultants, collaborators, co-workers, field sites, and funders; and to work respectfully with EDC colleagues. The job requires adherence to EDC policies & procedures.
Receiving limited instruction on routine work and specific instruction on new assignments, the Training & Technical Assistance Specialist (II) (Training Coordinator) participates in moderately complex projects to provide professional development training and technical assistance, including:
• research, with understanding of content area
• drafting, revising
• product testing & evaluation
• documenting & cataloguing
• maintaining records
• disseminating information
• mastering facilitation of adult learning and web-based learning
* coordinating and shepherding the webinar delivery process from conceptualization to post-production. Steps include, but are not limited to:
§ Completing and monitoring the webinar tracker in Smartsheet
§ Setting dates and getting descriptions for webinars and submitting the quarterly forecast to our funder’s communications team
§ Preparing e-blasts (webinar announcements that follow a standard format) and submitting for translation
§ Communicating with the presenters to set expectations for due date, slide development, schedule rehearsal, etc.
§ Coordinating the webinar tech team and confirming tasks and support leading up to event and on the day of event
§ Receiving the slides and moving them through copy editing and Federal review
§ Finalizing slides and resources in English and sending for Spanish translation
§ Ensuring evaluation links and certificates are complete for each webinar
§ Managing the rehearsal(s)
§ Managing and moderating webinars
§ Reviewing the final videos (in collaboration with our tech lead) to cut out any extraneous material so they are more streamlined
§ Remediating transcripts (fixing errors in captioning, typos, and grammar, etc.)
§ Managing post-production including post-captioning, 508 compliance efforts, and submission for posting on the Office of Head Start website
§ Developing social media and other marketing materials to advertise webinars and videos
§ Sharing evaluation results with presenters and debriefing as needed
* Supporting the development of quarterly forecast of products to our funder’s communication team based on data indicating areas of need for technical assistance
The Training & Technical Assistance Specialist (II)
• Contributes to building knowledge and capacity of organizations and staff
• Facilitates project teamwork; engages collaboratively in feedback
• Assists with quality assurance
• Provides logistical support
• Assists with troubleshooting
· Maintains the webinar process from beginning to end, assuring steps are tracked, deadlines are met, and high quality is upheld.
This position requires educational achievement; excellent writing skills; demonstrable initiative, creativity, and flexibility; ability to work independently and effectively in groups; and strong interpersonal & organizational skills. Specific requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Master’s degree or equivalent combination of training and education in a related field preferred
• 3–5 years related experience in the disciplinary area, social science or public health research, teaching, training, curriculum design, consulting or administrative management, including experience with computer applications, instructional design, and Internet research
• Experience using project management/tracking systems, in particular, Smartsheet
EDC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to enhancing the diversity of its workforce and ensuring an equitable and highly inclusive work environment. EDC is a smoke-free workplace, and offers a supportive work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.