Voice Actors - Zambia - UNICEF Interactive Audio Instruction Project
- Lusaka, Zambia
EDUCATION DEVELOPMENT CENTER (EDC)
Education Development Center (EDC) is a global nonprofit that advances lasting solutions to improve education, promote health, and expand economic opportunity, with a focus on vulnerable and under-served populations. Since 1958, we have been a leader in designing, implementing, and evaluating powerful and innovative programs in more than 80 countries around the world.
EDC promotes equity and access to high quality education and health services and products that contribute to thriving communities where people from diverse backgrounds learn, live, and work together. We support an inclusive workplace culture that embraces many perspectives and broadens our understanding of the communities we serve, enhancing and enriching our work.
EDC is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Funded by UNICEF and in collaboration with the Zambian Ministry of General Education, EDC will provide technical assistance to develop interactive audio instruction (IAI) programs, both the scripts and recorded audio, to expand the reach of continuity of learning to the most disadvantaged children in Zambia at primary level. The programs will focus on three core learning areas: literacy and language, mathematics and integrated science. The programs will be developed for primary grades 1-7 and the programs for grades 1-4 will be translated in to the seven local languages as adopted by the Zambia Education Curriculum Framework 2013.
The project will record 75 programs of approximately 15 minutes for each grade (5, 6 and 7) for a total of 225 programs between October 2021 and April 2022 at a studio in Lusaka. The UNICEF Zambia IAI project seeks to hire voice actors as follows;
Four (4) main voice actors for the production of English programs for grades 5-7;
- 1 adult male
- 1 adult female
- 1 female child
- 1 male child
Two (2) minor voice actors for the production of English programs for grades 5-7, not needed for every program;
- 1 adult male
- 1 adult female
Requirements for the position of voice actors
- Must be between the ages of 9 -14 for child actors, 30- 60 years old for main adult actors and 22- 45 years old for the minor actors respectively.
- Child actors must have written consent from parents to participate in recordings.
- Must be able to read and speak fluently in English; as this is an instructional program, proper pronunciation and vocalization will be a key requirement to successfully deliver these programmes.
- Must be able to adhere to times set for recording materials as per provided schedule.
- Prior experience as an actor working on similar educational programs would be a plus.
- Available to complete the 75 programs of approximately 15 minutes for each grade (5, 6 and 7) for a total of 225 programs between October 2021 and April 2022.
Job closing date: October 10, 2021
Due to the volume of applications submitted, only finalists will be notified. No phone calls, please.
EDC is committed to enhancing the diversity of its workforce and ensuring an equitable and highly inclusive work environment. EDC is a smoke-free workplace, and offers a supportive work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits. Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Note: EDC doesn’t solicit for money from applicants at any level of the recruitment & selection process.