- Warwick, Rhode Island, EE. UU.
- A jornada completa
Descripción de la empresa
Education Development Center (EDC) is a global nonprofit that advances lasting solutions to improve education, promote health, and expand economic opportunity. Since 1958, we have been a leader in designing, implementing, and evaluating powerful and innovative programs in more than 80 countries around the world.
EDC promotes equity and access to high quality education and health services and products that contribute to thriving communities where people from diverse backgrounds learn, live, and work together. We support an inclusive workplace culture that embraces many perspectives and broadens our understanding of the communities we serve, enhancing and enriching our work.
EDC is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Descripción del empleo
The Center for Early Learning Professionals has an opening for an Administrative Assistant, reporting to the Project Director, in Warwick, RI.
The Center for Early Learning Professionals, established and led by EDC since 2014, provides early childhood programs and staff throughout the state with the tools, supports, and resources they need to deliver high-quality care and education to Rhode Island’s youngest population, especially children and families at risk. The Center works to strengthen the state’s early learning workforce supporting a diverse range of programs that serve children from birth to age five in child care centers, family child care homes, public school inclusion preschools, and state-funded Pre-K programs. Services include professional development, technical assistance, and quality improvement services, aligned with Rhode Island’s Workforce Knowledge and Competencies, the BrightStars Quality Rating and Improvement System, and the Comprehensive Early Childhood Education regulations for pre-K programs.
The person in this position is expected to communicate clearly and courteously; to develop and maintain positive relationships with clients, consultants, collaborators, co-workers, field sites, and funders; and to work respectfully with EDC colleagues. The job requires adherence to EDC policies & procedures.
Under supervision, and with knowledge of content area and administrative systems, the Administrative Assistant
- takes initiative to coordinate support services, including
- document preparation, photocopying, cataloguing, and electronic data handling;
- database system maintenance
- internet navigation and information tracking
- correspondence and telephoning
- coordination of appointments and travel schedules
- maintenance of equipment
- inventory support
- Reviews materials for accuracy & quality; proposes format or presentation enhancements
- Performs various assigned duties to balance workload
- Plans, organizes and independently carries out workload priorities to ensure smooth and timely coordination and production
- Applies organizational terms, procedures, systems, and policies
The Administrative Assistant
- Effectively interacts with diverse staff
- Engages in teamwork; accepts feedback
- Coordinates with others to troubleshoot questions or problems and clarify issues
- Adapts readily
- Seeks help and support as needed
This position requires educational achievement; excellent writing skills; demonstrable initiative, creativity, and flexibility; ability to work independently and effectively in groups; and strong interpersonal & organizational skills. Specific requirements:
- HS diploma or GED plus 1–2 years advanced training
- AS degree or BA/BS desirable
- With HS diploma, 1–3 years related clerical, secretarial or administrative support experience, including proficiency in 3 or more computer applications
- With other degrees, 0–2 years related experience (as above)
- Organizational & analytical skills and aptitude for details
- Bilingual (English / Spanish) fluency required
EDC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to enhancing the diversity of its workforce and ensuring an equitable and highly inclusive work environment. EDC is a smoke-free workplace, and offers a supportive work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.