Technical Expert– Uzbekistan – Uzbekistan Youth Workforce Development and Entrepreneurship Activity
EDUCATION DEVELOPMENT CENTER (EDC)
Education Development Center (EDC) is a global nonprofit that advances lasting solutions to improve education, promote health, and expand economic opportunity, with a focus on vulnerable and under-served populations. Since 1958, we have been a leader in designing, implementing, and evaluating powerful and innovative programs in more than 80 countries around the world.
EDC promotes equity and access to high quality education and health services and products that contribute to thriving communities where people from diverse backgrounds learn, live, and work together. We support an inclusive workplace culture that embraces many perspectives and broadens our understanding of the communities we serve, enhancing and enriching our work.
EDC is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
The purpose of the Uzbekistan Youth Workforce Development and Entrepreneurship Activity (2021-2026) is to equip youth who are in grades 8-11 with the necessary skills as they prepare to enter Uzbekistan’s economy as skilled employees or entrepreneurs. The Uzbekistan Youth Workforce Development and Entrepreneurship activity will focus on achievement of the following intermediate results: i) improved quality of school-based economics and entrepreneurship programs, ii) improved quality of afterschool entrepreneurship, soft skills and work readiness programs; and iii) strengthened enabling environment to support and engage youth.
The Technical Expert will lead the technical design and implementation of youth workforce development interventions and entrepreneurship education in close coordination with the program managers and key staff.
Please Note: This position is not eligible for relocation or posting allowances and the salary will be paid in Uzbekistani Som.
The candidate for the position of Technical Expert shall have at a minimum the following qualifications:
Master’s degree in Education, Public Administration, or a related field.
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience supporting implementation of projects with a focus on youth workforce development, entrepreneurship, and soft skills development;
- Practical experience and organizational capacity development in the education and youth sectors desired;
- Demonstrated experience in female empowerment and disability inclusion;
- Demonstrated experience in curriculum reform, teaching and learning materials development and teacher training;
- Demonstrated experience in private sector engagement preferred;
- Strong organizational, presentation, reporting, and communication (both oral and written) skills and the ability to implement projects with diverse subject matter;
- Demonstrated experience of successful interactions, coordination, and partnerships with a variety of stakeholders (host government, US and international donors, youth, private sector, etc.) desired;
- Experience in integrating international and local expertise into the program desired;
- Experience working on education and/or youth issues in Uzbekistan or Central Asia desired.
Fluency in Uzbek required. Proficiency in English and Russian preferred.
EDC is committed to enhancing the diversity of its workforce and ensuring an equitable and highly inclusive work environment. EDC is a smoke-free workplace, and offers a supportive work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits. Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.