PreK Data Collector (Casual)
- Brockton, MA, USA
EDC is one of the world’s leading nonprofit research and development firms. EDC designs, implements, and evaluates programs to improve education, health, and economic opportunity worldwide. Collaborating with both public and private partners, we strive for a world where all people are empowered to live healthy, productive lives.
EDC is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
EDC’s approach to equity, diversity, and inclusion is grounded in EDC’s commitment to respect the dignity of each individual. EDC has a commitment to promoting equity and access to high quality education and health services that contribute to thriving communities where people from diverse backgrounds learn, live, and work together. EDC expresses its commitment to increasing equity through its strategies, services and products, which contribute to building capacity and transforming lives.
EDC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to enhancing the diversity of its workforce and ensuring an equitable and highly inclusive work environment. EDC is a smoke-free workplace, and offers a supportive work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits.
The STEM Workforce Success Portfolio, within the US Division, has an opening for a Pre-K Data Collector, reporting to the Project Director II, in Waltham, MA. The Pre-K Data Collector will work on the federally-funded Young Mathematicians Project, whose goal is to address the critical need for innovative resources that transform the mathematics learning environments of preschool children from under-resourced communities by creating a cross-context school-home intervention.
EDC casual employees generally work as needed. A casual position receives statutory benefits of Social Security contributions, Medicare contributions, unemployment insurance, worker’s compensation insurance and sick leave. A casual position ends when work is complete. This position requires availability 3-5 weekday half-days per week for 5-6 weeks in the fall of 2021 (Oct-Nov), and 4-6 weeks in the spring of 2022 (April-May). In addition, attendance at 2-3 mandatory half-days of training in September 2021 will be required.
The person in this position is expected to communicate clearly and courteously; to develop and maintain positive relationships with clients, consultants, collaborators, co-workers, field sites, and funders; and to work respectfully with EDC colleagues. The job requires adherence to EDC policies & procedures, including strict adherence to all Covid-related safety precautions.
The Casual Data Collector will:
- Conduct direct child assessments of Pre-K students (ages 3-5) in English and/or Spanish
- Participate in data collector training
- Schedule and complete all assigned data collection tasks in a timely manner
- Communicate with participating teachers about scheduled visits to classrooms.
- Complete scoresheets online.
This position requires educational achievement; excellent writing skills; demonstrable initiative, creativity, and flexibility; ability to work independently and effectively in groups; and strong interpersonal & organizational skills. Specific requirements:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1-2 years of experience in the Early Childhood field required
- Data collection experience preferred
- Experience in conducting preschool through first grade child assessments preferred
- Fluency in Spanish preferred. Individuals who are bilingual in Spanish and English are especially encouraged to apply
- Ability to travel to data collection sites in Brockton, MA and/or Woonsocket, RI
- Human Subjects training and certification required upon hire
- Attendance and successful completion of 2-3 half-day trainings to be held in September 2021 on administration of preschool one-on-one assessments in language and math. Trainings are mandatory and will be paid hourly.
Qualifications to conduct research in school settings (upon hire)
- COVID-19 vaccination, to the extent permitted by law
- Depending on school requirements, may include criminal background check (CORI), sex offender background check (SORI), fingerprinting
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.