- Waltham, MA, USA
EDUCATION DEVELOPMENT CENTER (EDC)
Education Development Center (EDC) is a global nonprofit that advances lasting solutions to improve education, promote health, and expand economic opportunity, with a focus on vulnerable and under-served populations. Since 1958, we have been a leader in designing, implementing, and evaluating powerful and innovative programs in more than 80 countries around the world.
EDC promotes equity and access to high quality education and health services and products that contribute to thriving communities where people from diverse backgrounds learn, live, and work together. We support an inclusive workplace culture that embraces many perspectives and broadens our understanding of the communities we serve, enhancing and enriching our work.
EDC is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
The Facilities Coordinator reports to the Facilities Manager in Waltham. The position is responsible for the care and maintenance of the Waltham office. The position is also responsible for shipping and receiving.
The person in this position is expected to communicate clearly and courteously; to develop and maintain positive relationships with clients, consultants, collaborators, co-workers, field sites, and funders; and to work respectfully with EDC colleagues. The job requires adherence to EDC policies & procedures.
Operating with significant autonomy & discretion on behalf of division, project, or department management, the Facilities Coordinator:
Facilities & Operations:
- Serves as the primary point of contact for building management related to service, repairs, and general communications.
- This position is responsible for all shipping and receiving including international shipping, coordinating with Pitney Bowes, FedEx, UPS, USPS and other carriers as required. Assist programs in shipping needs such as supplies, tracking, labeling and any items related to mail handling.
- Manages conference room set-ups, arrange conference room furniture, cleaning and other tasks as needed for the successful operation of conference rooms.
- This position will be responsible for the Waltham security system including troubleshooting, issuing cards, and the point of contact with the security administrator.
- This position may manage the seating assignment software TBD and work with employees to use the system as needed. He/She may also coordinate with IT to make sure software is current and make changes as needed.
- This position will support all office moves, downsizing or relocation of the office and all that entails from trash removal, furniture and equipment disposal, furniture moves.
- This position manages Toshiba copiers and HP printers working with customers on minor repairs or service vendors.
- Keeps the Waltham office clean and in good repair; perform maintenance duties including but not limited to monitoring air temperatures, serving as the point of contact to coordinate maintenance needs, stocking kitchens and workrooms, and ordering office and kitchen supplies.
- Coordinates all service repairs for facility and equipment by communicating with all vendors, setting up appointments, monitoring quality of work, providing feedback, and processing all invoices as needed (this may include the Lutron lighting system, ADT system, copiers and other vendors as required.).
- Sets up offices and work stations for new staff, submitting purple form, creating name plate and mailbox, providing ADT card, and coordinating with IT on phone and computer placement for employee.
- Works with facility manager to track facility budget to make sure there are no unanticipated cost overruns.
- Remains ‘on call’ throughout the work day in order to assist other staff as necessary. May be called in after hours to attend to facility issues.
- Responds to all facilities requests through a work order system that may require other duties.
The Facilities Coordinator:
- Interacts extensively within and outside the organization; effectively interacts with diverse staff with competing priorities.
- Facilitates teamwork; is a member of the facilities team.
- Coordinates issue clarification & troubleshooting.
- Coordinates with vendors, subcontractors, or staff to deal with needs or identify information needs.
- Collaborates with Facilities, Operations, Administration, IT and Accounting.
This position requires educational achievement; proficient writing skills; demonstrable initiative, creativity, and flexibility; ability to work independently and effectively in groups; and strong interpersonal & organizational skills. Specific requirements:
- HS diploma or GED plus 1-3 years of facility work
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree desirable but not required with facility work experience
- With HS diploma, must be able to use computer applications including Microsoft office, excel and other software platforms as needed
- Strong customer service skills
- Must be able to move heavy equipment, furniture and boxes and to operate facility related equipment such as pallet jacks and hand carts.
- Organizational & analytical skills and aptitude for details
- Attentiveness to detail and reliability with highly confidential information; previous experience with confidential information preferred
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, with a customer service orientation
- Must be able to work in a flexible, ever changing environment while juggling multiple tasks.
EDC is committed to diversity in the workplace. EDC offers a supportive work environment, competitive salary, and an excellent benefits package.