MIS/IT Officer – USAID Opportunity 2.0
- Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines
EDUCATION DEVELOPMENT CENTER (EDC) is one of the world’s leading nonprofit research and development firms. Established in 1958, EDC designs, delivers and evaluates innovative programs to address some of the world’s most urgent challenges in education, health, and economic opportunity. Our services include research, training, educational materials, and strategy, with activities ranging from seed projects to large-scale national and international initiatives.
Opportunity 2.0, funded by USAID, will strengthen second-chance education programs for vulnerable out-of-school youth in the Philippines. Opportunity 2.0 (02) will collaborate and work with national and local systems supporting youth in order to provide 180,000 youth with the skills and opportunities to improve their education, employment, and livelihood outcomes.
Achieving this vision will require a multi-faceted, systems-strengthening approach that aligns the formal education system, markets, and youth “sub-systems” at the regional levels. This will be achieved by providing experienced project personnel embedded in government departments; further aligning the input of technical assistance; and maximizing opportunities to bring together the respective stakeholders to identify and refine synergies and transition pathways for youth, particularly between Department of Education (DepEd)’s Alternative Learning System (ALS) program and the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA).
The Management Information Systems/Information Technology Officer (MIS/IT Officer) will maintain the Opportunity 2.0 management information systems, system networks, telecom systems, and ensure the functionality and efficiency of computers. The MIS/IT Officer will also provide technical support and/or training for systems and networks, install and configure software and hardware (printers, network cards, etc.), monitor system and network performance, as well as troubleshoot and repair hardware with reported problems. The MIS/IT Officer position is based in Manila and reports directly to the Senior Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager.
The MIS/IT Officer is responsible for the following tasks, but not limited to:
- Assist in the maintenance of database systems.
- Provide technical assistance and support on the installation and use of tablet-based (EGRA, SSME, BIPI, etc.) and SMS-based applications where needed.
- Provide troubleshooting support to the Communications Team in the development and maintenance of the project’s website and other online knowledge management systems.
- Assess the IT needs of the Project and recommend IT strategic interventions or plans to program management.
- Identify the appropriate technical specifications of IT equipment and systems that need to be procured and participate in assessing bids/quotes of IT vendors.
- Determine the LAN design suitable for Project offices and install or supervise the installation of the LAN system.
- Ensure portability, compatibility, and accessibility of essentially shared documents and systems.
- Manage project’s access to VPN, FTP files, database, and Office 365 applications in coordination with the Home Office IT.
- Install and configure new hardware and software systems while observing compliance and timely renewal of license requirements.
- Maintain a specific inventory of hardware and software, in coordination with concerned Admin/Finance staff responsible for inventory.
- Provide assistance to the Finance team in generating or consolidating TraiNet-related data.
- Set up a basic help desk system and provide troubleshooting solutions remotely or on-site.
- Repair hardware when possible or coordinate with authorized service centers.
- Ensure a virus-free IT environment.
- Monitor and prevent cyberthreats.
- Ensure regular file backups are completed in compliance with established schedule.
Secondary education and 4 years of directly relevant experience required; additional technical or collegiate education in IT or Computer Science desirable.
Skills and Experience
- At least 4 years of directly relevant experience required.
- Prior working experience with USAID-funded projects or international organizations/NGOs is a plus.
- Direct experience in setting up and/or maintenance of network server including physical installation of LAN/WLAN.
- Extensive experience in troubleshooting hardware issues of Windows laptops, MacBooks, and printers.
- Extensive experience in troubleshooting software issues with the most common Microsoft Office applications (MS Outlook, OneDrive, SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other productivity applications.
- Working knowledge or training on SQL, RDBMS, and ODBC.
- Working knowledge or training on website development.
- Working knowledge or training on remote access applications such as TeamViewer.
- Working knowledge of the most common call conference applications. Experience in troubleshooting Ring Central and/or Zoom issues is a plus.
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively with teams.
- Excellent people skills at all levels, cultural sensitivity, ability to work well under pressure, negotiate diplomatically, and the ability to work well in a multicultural and multi-disciplinary work environment.
- Effective oral communication skills in Filipino and oral and written communication skills in English.
- Willingness to travel to all program areas, as necessary.
Fluency in Filipino and English.
Due to the volume of applications submitted, only finalists will be notified. No phone calls, please. Open to Filipino Nationals only.
EDC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to enhancing the diversity of its workforce and ensuring a highly inclusive work environment. EDC is a smoke-free workplace, and offers a supportive work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits.