International Project Coordinator I (French-speaking)
- Washington, DC, USA
EDUCATION DEVELOPMENT CENTER (EDC)
EDC is one of the world’s leading nonprofit research and development firms. EDC designs, implements, and evaluates programs to improve education, health, and economic opportunity worldwide. Collaborating with both public and private partners, we strive for a world where all people are empowered to live healthy, productive lives.
EDC is committed to diversity in the workplace.
The International Development Division has an opening for International Project Coordinator (I). The International Project Coordinator (I) will work on supporting field activities for francophone projects in the areas of basic education, youth and workforce development, and/or global health. While the work will include administrative duties, it is seen as an opportunity for the right candidate to progress to serious and substantive work, especially that which looks at innovative ways to improve learning and livelihoods in developing countries. The position reports to the Project Director. This is a full-time position and can be based out of the Washington, DC office or the Waltham, MA office.
The person in this position is expected to communicate clearly and courteously; to develop and maintain positive relationships with clients, consultants, collaborators, co-workers, field sites, and funders; and to work respectfully with EDC colleagues. The job requires adherence to EDC policies & procedures.
Under management oversight, the International Project Coordinator (I) provides support to project staff in the US and abroad, including:
· Coordinating project activities under the guidance of the Project Director
· Providing logistical, operational and administrative support to staff in Francophone countries
· Researching, compiling, and synthesizing information
· Documenting & cataloguing project documents
· Maintaining project records on SharePoint
· Supporting project procurement
· Coordinating travel arrangements for staff and consultants
· Disseminating information, including website content
· Draft or translate materials, especially into or from French
· Reviewing of field expense reports and travel expenses
· Serving as backup for other project staff
· Assists with project start-up and close down by working closely with EDC’s administrative departments
· Assisting in identification, recruitment, and fielding of technical consultants and staff to the field office
· Supporting hiring of staff for the field office
· Submitting of routine wire transfer requests and invoices to Accounting department for timely disbursement and payments
· Monitoring contractual compliance
· Drafting performance reports & briefs
· Provides communications support
· Assists with quality assurance
· Other tasks as assigned
The International Project Coordinator (I)
· Facilitates project teamwork; seeks and utilizes feedback
· Contributes ideas for improved efficiency or future focus
· May act as a liaison between home offices and field-based staff
· In the future, may be expected to travel (up 2-4 times per year depending on project needs)
This position requires educational achievement; excellent writing skills; demonstrable initiative, creativity, and flexibility; ability to work independently and effectively in groups; and strong interpersonal & organizational skills. Specific requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education & experience
· Master’s degree or equivalent combination of training & education in a related field preferred
· 2–4 years related research, education, international development or administrative coordination experience, requiring computer competence
· Professional fluency in English and French required. Additional language skills (Spanish, Arabic, Tagalog or Portuguese) are a plus.
· Experience working on USAID-funded projects preferred
· Strong organizational & analytical skills and aptitude for details
· Excellent written and communication skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
As an EOE/AA employer, EDC does not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status. EDC is a smoke-free workplace.