International Project Coordinator I – Division Support
- Waltham, MA, USA
EDUCATION DEVELOPMENT CENTER (EDC)
EDC is one of the world’s leading nonprofit research and development firms. EDC designs, implements, and evaluates programs to improve education, health, and economic opportunity worldwide. Collaborating with both public and private partners, we strive for a world where all people are empowered to live healthy, productive lives.
EDC is committed to diversity in the workplace.
ABOUT THE INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT DIVISION
EDC’s International Development Division (IDD) focuses on four major areas: literacy and basic education, youth livelihoods and workforce development, global health and the application of technologies. Within these four areas, programs support national school reform efforts, HIV/AIDS prevention, training youth in workforce skills, helping countries expand economic opportunity and build civic society, as well as supporting and building the capacity of communities and local governing bodies.
EDC has an opening for an International Project Coordinator (I) – Division Support (French-speaking), in the International Development Division (IDD) reporting to the International Project Associate. This position is located in EDC’s headquarters in Waltham, MA.
The International Project Coordinator (I) – Division Support supports administrative, programmatic, research, operational, and communications functions in the division. While the work for this position is mostly administrative and communications-related, there will be opportunities for the International Project Coordinator (I) – Division Support to support one or two projects and/or provide back-up support to existing projects in Francophone Africa.
The person in this position is expected to communicate clearly and courteously using multiple platforms (in-person, virtual meetings applications, social media); to develop and maintain positive relationships with clients, consultants, collaborators, co-workers, field sites, and funders; and to work respectfully with EDC colleagues. The job requires adherence to EDC policies & procedures.
Under management oversight, the International Project Coordinator (I) – Division Support provides support to division staff in the US and abroad, including:
Division and Communication duties:
- Provide administrative support to Senior Vice President and other senior leadership in the division, including scheduling meetings, travel arrangements, etc.
- General administrative duties; serve as key organizer for division internal and external events such as product launches, brown bags, panel discussions, conferences, staff meetings, and operational support for new employees
- Set up logistics for division-wide meetings and help with meeting preparation (room-set-up, meals and refreshments, hotel accommodations, etc.)
- Plan for, set-up and facilitate monthly office staff meeting
- Support technology needs of meetings (webinars, virtual meeting platforms) with set-up, chat monitoring, on-line facilitation as needed
- Assist with knowledge management initiatives including setting up SharePoint sites for projects, organizing files on SharePoint, updating SharePoint permissions, creating document libraries, and training new project staff on cloud-based systems
- Provides support to staff in using SharePoint and uses SharePoint to implement IDD’s knowledge management approach
- Participate with the IDD communications team on developing ideas and tracking down information to highlight the work of the International Division
- Assist in developing social media posts to highlight IDD work
- Disseminate information, including website content on practice areas
- Draft or translate communications materials, especially into or from French
- Track and monitor assigned budgets
- Draft internal training materials for staff; provide face-to-face training on administrative procedures when necessary
- Contribute ideas for improved efficiency or future focus
Project Coordination duties:
- Manage logistics of fielding of consultants, make travel arrangements for staff and visitors (visas, flights, hotels, etc.)
- Review and reconcile travel expense reports, petty cash, and vendor invoices for IDD staff
- Monitor compliance on assigned tasks
- Draft and edit sections of performance reports and briefs consistent with skill level
- Support project procurement and maintaining records on procurement initiatives
- Coordinate project activities under the oversight of the Project Director
- Facilitates project teamwork; seeks and utilizes feedback
- Assists with quality assurance
- May handle complex or confidential matters requiring significant discretion & judgment
- Serve as backup for other project coordinators
- May act as a liaison between home offices and field-based staff
- In the future, may be expected to travel to EDC offices in Washington, DC and internationally (2-3 times per year depending on business needs)
This position requires educational achievement; excellent writing and communication skills; demonstrable initiative, creativity, and flexibility; ability to work independently and effectively in groups; and strong interpersonal & organizational skills. Specific requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education & experience
· Master’s degree or equivalent combination of training & education in a related field preferred
· 2–4 years related research, education, international development or administrative coordination experience, requiring computer competence
· Strong organizational & analytical skills and aptitude for details
· Knowledge of social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
· Professional fluency in French required. Spanish language skills in addition to French are a plus
· Prior experience building or maintaining SharePoint sites
· International experience preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
As an EOE/AA employer, EDC does not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status. EDC is a smoke-free workplace.