Technical Lead – Egypt – Workforce Egypt Activity
- Cairo, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Education Development Center (EDC) is a global nonprofit that advances lasting solutions to improve education, promote health, and expand economic opportunity. Since 1958, we have been a leader in designing, implementing, and evaluating powerful and innovative programs in more than 80 countries around the world.
EDC promotes equity and access to high quality education and health services and products that contribute to thriving communities where people from diverse backgrounds learn, live, and work together. We support an inclusive workplace culture that embraces many perspectives and broadens our understanding of the communities we serve, enhancing and enriching our work.
EDC is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace.
EDC is preparing a proposal for the anticipated, USAID-funded Workforce Egypt Activity. The Activity will focus on interventions aimed at achieving the following results:
- Modernizing and improving the quality of Egypt’s technical and vocational education and training (TVET) system in order to develop the technical skills and capabilities demanded by a globally competitive private sector;
- Improving human resource management at the firm level and ensuring strong private sector engagement with the TVET system to maximize employment opportunities for graduates; and
- Improving the enabling environment through employment and labor market policy reform to address inefficiencies at local and national levels.
The Technical Lead(s) will be responsible for managing the component(s) of the Activity related to attaining one or more of the three aforementioned results.
The candidate for the position of Private Sector Strengthening Technical Lead shall have at a minimum the following qualifications:
Master’s degree in a relevant discipline such as Development Economics, Business management / Entrepreneurship Development, or other relevant field is required.
Skills and Experience:
- At least 5 years demonstrated experience and skills in project management, planning, and implementation in cross sectorial development programs;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in professional development for TVET teachers, TVET systems reform through curriculum review, training and curriculum upgrading, blended leanring, experiential teaching and learning, OR evidence-based advocacy, capacity building, participatory action research, academic research and policy development;
- Entrepreneurial attitude and innovative and creative in solving problems;
- Good understanding of and experience in working with local communities and government agencies at national, regional (governorate), and local levels; and
- Experience in the MENA region (preferably Egypt) required.
Fluency in Arabic required. Proficiency in English desired.
Due to the volume of applications submitted, only finalists will be notified. No phone calls, please.
Applications submitted without a resume will not be considered.
All proposal positions are contingent upon donor funding and approval
EDC is committed to enhancing the diversity of its workforce and ensuring an equitable and highly inclusive work environment. EDC is a smoke-free workplace, and offers a supportive work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits. Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.