Intermediate Python/Django Developer
- 321 Rue de la Commune O, Montréal, QC H2Y 2E1, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Les Éditions du Journal de l’assurance is an independent specialized media group which has been founded in 1992 by a famous economic journalist to become today the reference information source for Insurance and Finance Services executives and professionals across Canada.
With our live news, competitive intelligence, product comparison services and industrial events, we help 40,000+ professionals daily to serve better their clients and grow their business.
While most of medias cut resources as their advertising revenues drop, we have bet on the digital transformation of the company and its business model. After two years of important investment and efforts, our SAAS based business model success permits us to grow our team and continue to innovate.
We are looking for an intermediate Python/Django Developer to join our team and help us enrich our digital transformation.
Status: Full time, permanent remote except team gatherings.
You will oversee the maintenance and evolution of our platform supporting our SAAS inspired business model. Your main task will be to:
- Design and implement new digital services
- Optimize architecture and code for better performance.
- Implementation of automated tests.
- Integration of external SAAS services for both back office and clients.
- Influence decisions with your knowledge of the application
- Work in a Kanban agile dynamic
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 4+ years of experience working with Python and Django
- Experience with GitHub, Docker, Digital Ocean (databases, droplets and spaces)
- Experience with SAAS business model operation
- Knowledge in automatized and unit tests
- Fluent in French
- Structured and rigorous coding approach
- Experience with REST APIs and PostgreSQL.
- Autonomous team player
- A strong desire for continuous improvement and taking pride in what you build
- Knowledge in authentication and authorization between external services (SSO)
We are a 15 people diversified team working in tight collaboration to bring high quality information and added value services to our clients. Our open easy-going dynamic welcomes team members’ opinions to feed our strategy and its execution.
Respect, integrity, and commitment are the values we share and base our decisions on. Creativity, agility, and experimentation help us grow while performing against our competition. Sex, race, and opinion diversity is a richness we valorize.
- Competitive salary.
- Generous group insurance coverage
- Stimulating and easy-going work dynamic
- Great work-life balance
- Work from home except team gatherings
- Other benefits (vacations, RRSP, etc.)