- unknown, Edwardsville, IL
EDISON’S ENTERTAINMENT COMPLEX is looking for highly motivated individuals with outgoing personalities to work in a dynamic, fun, and energetic environment. Edison’s is a 34,000 s.f. entertainment facility that features boutique bowling, laser tag, arcade, a full-service restaurant, lounge, party rooms and a 200-person event center called The Outlet.
Edisons seeks Kitchen Assistant/Dishwasher. Responsibilities include dish washing, Light food preparation and cleaning. Must be able to multi-task, stay focused, and work at a rapid pace. We offer a exciting, fun work environment, friendly dedicated co-workers, and advancment in career opportunity.
- Uses all chemicals properly in the correct quantities for safety and cost control.
- Safely and correctly operates all equipment.
- Cleans and sanitizes all dishware, flatware, and glassware.
- Carefully sorts all dishware and flatware to ensure none are lost or disposed of.
- Cleans and sanitizes kitchen pots, pans, and utensils.
- Adheres to all company safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
- Carefully handles all glassware and dishware to eliminate breakage.
- Empties all trash in the kitchen and cleans and maintains trash cans.
- Assists the other kitchen staff members with pressure point relief during the shift as needed.
We are looking for people who possess the "core four."
- Personality. Conversant with strangers, smiles, welcoming body language.
- Attitude. Possesses a positive, cooperative, and constructive attitude.
- Care. Truly cares about the quality of their work and about their impact on co-workers and the organization.
- Direction. Takes and follows direction well. This is key to learning.
We first look at the qualities above and match them with our expectations of showing up on time, being a good employee, and a good citizen to our staff, managers and guests.
Other technical skills such as good command of math, organization, technology, are a plus.
- Must be friendly and able to smile a lot while working days, nights, and/or weekends as required.
- Previous experience at a hotel or restaurant is preferred, but not required.
- Must demonstrate ability to clearly communicate with Team Members.
- Must be disciplined and self motivated self starter.
- must be able to lift at least 30lbs
- must be able to work shifts on you feet for 5 plus hours a day
Resumes are optional but welcome.
Compensation Veiries DOE