Senior Mobile Software Developer
- Montecillos, Alajuela Province, Alajuela, Costa Rica
Hello, we are Edify, one of the highest ranked IT companies in Costa Rica and Central America according to Great Place to Work ®.
We're a consolidated technology services consultancy firm specializing in education technology. We deliver unbelievably creative and rock solid solutions for a wide range of clients, including major corporations, startups, educational institutions and non-profit organizations.
At Edify we believe that bored employees make boring products. Here, there's no such thing. We help our clients design, build and run some of the most interesting ventures in the industry, while promoting the warm, friendly and cooperative culture. Work and life should definitely be buddies, so we're serious about cultivating a great work environment.
We are on the hunt for passionate Senior Mobile Software Developers with broad experience on React Native and/or building native mobile apps. This role is perfect for those with a strong sense of how it should be done, as we're looking for leaders who can help establish standards and practices of mobile development in our projects. And if you've worked with big consumer applications and helped them scale massively, that'd be great too.
You know your stuff:
- 5+ years of Software Engineering.
- Proven experience working with React Native and/or building native mobile apps is a must.
- Proven experience working with Firebase (Crashlytics, Cloud Messaging and In-App Messaging. A/B Testing is a nice to have).
- Confident with Typescript.
- Experience with Jest, Enzyme.
- Experience developing mobile apps.
- You've worked extensively with git and git flow.
- Experience implementing CI/CD for mobile apps is desired.
- Ability to work on all aspects and tiers of development.
- Experience working with relational and non relational database engines (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB) is desired.
- Knowing your way around the terminal and have the ability to write bash scripts to automate some of your tasks is desired.
- Great verbal and written English and Spanish communication skills, at least B2 according to CEFR for both languages.
- You strive on building high quality, secure, legible and maintainable code, based on best practices and on solid theoretical knowledge of computer science and software engineering.
- Keen to learn and improve everyday.
- You thrive in collaborative environments and are not shy to pitch in improvement proposals.
- You're up for supporting the team on achieving set objectives and you know the right time to ask for help on achieving yours.
We believe that work and fun can, in fact, coexist. To wit:
- Competitive salary in USD.
- WFH all week.
- Career path programs.
- $200 quarterly training subsidy.
- Private health/life/dental insurance with PALIG (free for you, 50% discount to include for your spouse/children).
- Social Responsibility, Wellness and Occupational Health committees to take care of ourselves and others.
- Access to Headspace app for mindfulness meditation to improve sleep, and reduce stress and anxiety.
- Very flexible schedule (objectives is what actually matters).
- Work-Life balance.
- Culture of integrity.
- Culture of knowledge sharing.
- Special time-off licenses for: paternity, marriage, bereavement and minor sickness (that may not require a CCSS incapacity).
Once we can go back to the office (1 day per week):
- Lunch is on us the days at the office.
- Free fruits to enjoy at the office Monday thru Thursday.
- There's always drinks and snacks in the kitchen.
- Private and secure parking space.
- Video game room.