Software Quality Assurance Analyst
- Montecillos, Alajuela Province, Alajuela, Costa Rica
Hello, we are Edify, one of the highest ranked IT companies in Costa Rica and Central America according to Great Place to Work ®.
We're a consolidated technology services consultancy firm specializing in education technology. We deliver unbelievably creative and rock solid solutions for a wide range of clients, including major corporations, startups, educational institutions and non-profit organizations.
At Edify we believe that bored employees make boring products. Here, there's no such thing. We help our clients design, build and run some of the most interesting ventures in the industry, while promoting the warm, friendly and cooperative culture. Work and life should definitely be buddies, so we're serious about cultivating a great work environment.
Edify is looking for QA Analysts that will define the testing approach for the development projects of the company. They will be in charge of planning, controlling and evaluating the validation and verification activities and report the QA status to the project managers. They'll create and maintain the QA processes, and help improve the overall software development process quality of the organization.
- Coordinate QA activities for specific projects.
- Report QA status of the projects to the Project Managers.
- Analyze project context and requirements to define the best QA approach for the projects.
- Perform regular testing activities (such as test cases creation, execution and bug management) for specific projects.
- Ensure proper QA and Testing processes are being held in the projects.
- Develop and improve QA processes.
- 4 years minimum experience in Testing and QA processes.
- Experience in software development processes including SCRUM.
- Great verbal and written English and Spanish communication skills, at least B2 according to CEFR for both languages.
- Organized and systematic person.
- Leadership skills.
- Team work oriented.
- Proactive and able to work under without supervision.
- Experience with automated testing tools such Selenium, Appium, Jmeter, among others is a plus.
- Experience with Jenkins or setting up a Continuous Integration pipeline is a plus.
- Knowledge in quality standards such as CMMI, ISO and Project Management techniques is a plus.
We believe that work and fun can, in fact, coexist. To wit:
- Competitive salary in USD
- WFH all week
- Career path programs
- $200 quarterly training subsidy
- Private health/life/dental insurance with PALIG (free for you, 50% discount to include for your spouse/children)
- Social Responsibility, Wellness and Occupational Health committees to take care of ourselves and others.
- Access to Headspace app for mindfulness meditation to improve sleep, and reduce stress and anxiety
- Very flexible schedule (objectives is what actually matters).
- Work-Life balance
- Culture of integrity.
- Culture of knowledge sharing.
- Special time-off licenses for: paternity, marriage, bereavement and minor sickness (that may not require a CCSS incapacity).
Once we can go back to the office (1 day per week):
- Lunch is on us the days at the office.
- Free fruits to enjoy at the office Monday thru Thursday.
- There's always drinks and snacks in the kitchen.
- Private and secure parking space.
- Video game room.