- Centro Corporativo Aerocentro, Alajuela, Alajuela, Costa Rica
Hello, we are Edify, one of the highest ranked IT companies in Costa Rica and Central America according to Great Place to Work ®.
We're a consolidated technology services consultancy firm specializing in education technology. We deliver unbelievably creative and rock solid solutions for a wide range of clients, including major corporations, startups, educational institutions and non-profit organizations.
At Edify we believe that bored employees make boring products. Here, there's no such thing. We help our clients design, build and run some of the most interesting ventures in the industry, while promoting the warm, friendly and cooperative culture. Work and life should definitely be buddies, so we're serious about cultivating a great work environment.
We are on the hunt for passionate Software Architects. This role is perfect for those with a strong sense of how it should be done, as we're looking for leaders who can help establish standards and practices for software development in our projects. And if you've worked with big consumer applications and helped them scale massively, that'd be great too.
You know your stuff:
- Bachelor of Science or graduate degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum experience of 8 years in Software Engineering.
- Minimum experience of 3 years performing Software Architect functions.
- Advanced technical and conversational English.
Broad Knowledge in the following theoretical foundations:
- Object-oriented, functional and procedural programming paradigms.
- Front End (Web) and Back End (server-side) languages and tools.
- Design patterns.
- POSIX operating systems.
- Mobile development.
- Cross-browser and cross-platform development.
- Data model design.
- Relational and non-relational databases.
- Code management tools.
- Project management tools.
- Unit, integration and system testing.
- System efficiency and performance analysis/optimization.
- Agile software development methodologies.
Advanced knowledge in some of the following:
- Java, Ruby, PHP, Python, NodeJS, Groovy.
- UNIX commands.
- Web development (REST, Websockets).
- Responsive design.
- Relational and non-relational databases (Postgres, MySQGL, MongoDB, NoSQL).
- Build tools (GRUNT, GULP, Gradle).
- Testing tools (Karma, JMeter, JUnit).
- Git, SVN.
- POSIX operating systems.
- Cloud computing (AWS, RackSpace).
We believe that work and fun can, in fact, coexist. To wit:
- Competitive salary in USD
- WFH all week
- Career path programs
- $200 quarterly training subsidy
- Private health/life/dental insurance with PALIG (free for you, 50% discount to include for your spouse/children)
- Social Responsibility, Wellness and Occupational Health committees to take care of ourselves and others.
- Access to Headspace app for mindfulness meditation to improve sleep, and reduce stress and anxiety
- Very flexible schedule (objectives is what actually matters).
- Work-Life balance
- Culture of integrity.
- Culture of knowledge sharing.
- Special time-off licenses for: paternity, marriage, bereavement and minor sickness (that may not require a CCSS incapacity).
Once we can go back to the office (1 day per week):
- Lunch is on us the days at the office.
- Free fruits to enjoy at the office Monday thru Thursday.
- There's always drinks and snacks in the kitchen.
- Private and secure parking space.
- Video game room.