Technical Project Manager 1
- Centro Corporativo Aerocentro, Alajuela, Alajuela Province, Costa Rica
Hello, we are Edify, one of the highest ranked IT company in Costa Rica and Central America according to Great Place to Work ® 2018 and 2017.
We're a consolidated e-learning software consultancy company. We create unbelievably creative, performance-based, custom e-learning solutions for major corporations, universities, and non-profit organizations.
At Edify we believe that bored employees make boring products. Here, there's no such thing. We run big applications with thousands of users, but we're allergic to the sterile and cold corporate culture. Work and life should definitely be buddies, so we're serious about cultivating a fab work environment.
We are on the hunt for passionate Project Manager. This role is perfect for those with a strong sense of how it should be done, as we’re looking for leaders who can help establish standards and practices of project management in our projects. And if you’ve worked with big consumer applications and helped them scale massively, that’d be great too.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in computer engineering, computer science, information technology management (and related) or demonstrated level of equivalent knowledge.
- Strong project management skills and knowledge of the project management lifecycle.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with technical, management and business counterparts.
- Excellent customer service skills are a must.
- Strong interpersonal and excellent documentation skills are a requisite.
- Able to undertake and complete assignments independently.
- Project management certification is a plus.
- B2 technical and conversational english level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
Knowledge and skills:
- Object-oriented, functional and procedural programming paradigms.
- Software quality assurance (unit tests, integration and automation).
- Efficiency and software performance.
- Relational and non-relational databases.
- Web development (REST, Websockets).
- Software engineering processes (development cycle and quality control).
- Use of agile software development methodologies: SCRUM, Kanban, Scrumban.
- Concepts and processes related to software quality.
- Groups of processes: Initiation, Planning, Execution, Monitoring and Control and Closing of software projects.
- Risk management.
- Communications management.
- Project restrictions management: time, scope, cost and quality.
- POSIX shell management.
- Project management tools: JIRA, Google Sheets, Trello, among others.
- Code management tools (Source Control).
- Minimum experience of 2 years in Software Engineering and 1 year as Project Manager or SCRUM Master.
Description of key processes and tasks:
- Stakeholders management.
- Support the sales effort and administration when necessary, for example: presenting the practices and procedures of the area, contract elaboration, participating in performance evaluations and coordinating personnel actions.
- Collaborate in the generation, documentation and organization of requirements and estimates.
- Create or coordinate the creation of project plans including but not limited to the following:
- Quality Assurance, costs, scope, communications, risks and schedule.
- Manage any planned or unforeseen activities that are required to meet the goals set on the project plan.
- Facilitate project activities including but not limited to: meetings, workshops, planning, training, allocation of work, documentation and others.
- Manage and use the resources that the team needs to properly perform their work, for example tools, facilities, materials and equipment.
- Evaluate and take actions in order to improve the individual and group capacities of team members in accordance with Edify's values.
- Facilitate the correct implementation of development methodologies.
- Manage project communication.
- Perform verification of compliance with customer requirements and obtain formal acceptance.
- Coordinate the collection, documentation and periodic communication of metrics established for the project. Support in making decisions based on these metrics.
- Verify that the product, service or result complies with the conditions accepted by Edify and customers.
We believe that work and fun can, in fact, coexist. To wit:
- Competitive salary in USD
- WFH all week
- Career path programs
- $200 quarterly training subsidy
- Private health/life/dental insurance with PALIG (free for you, 50% discount to include for your spouse/children)
- Social Responsibility, Wellness and Occupational Health committees to take care of ourselves and others.
- Access to Headspace app for mindfulness meditation to improve sleep, and reduce stress and anxiety
- Very flexible schedule (objectives is what actually matters).
- Culture of integrity.
- Culture of knowledge sharing.
Once we can go back to the office (1 day per week):
- Lunch is on us the days at the office.
- Free fruits to enjoy at the office Monday thru Thursday.
- There's always drinks and snacks in the kitchen.
- Private and secure parking space.
- Video game room.