- Montecillos, Alajuela Province, Alajuela, Costa Rica
Hello, we are Edify, one of the highest ranked IT companies in Costa Rica and Central America according to Great Place to Work ®.
We're a consolidated technology services consultancy firm specializing in education technology. We deliver unbelievably creative and rock solid solutions for a wide range of clients, including major corporations, startups, educational institutions and non-profit organizations.
At Edify we believe that bored employees make boring products. Here, there's no such thing. We help our clients design, build and run some of the most interesting ventures in the industry, while promoting the warm, friendly and cooperative culture. Work and life should definitely be buddies, so we're serious about cultivating a great work environment.
- Assist in designing, managing, testing, documenting, deploying, securing, monitoring, scaling, supporting and sustaining an Amazon AWS (or similar cloud provider) cloud architectures.
- Responsible for participating in detailed information gathering sessions with the development and support teams to provide feedback on direction and impact on the infrastructure.
- Work in an agile development environment, collaborating with application teams.
- Day to day support for Cloud applications hosted on Amazon AWS or similar.
- Work with internal and external teams to collaborate on infrastructure development.
- Manage all infrastructure as code (IaC) for systems in Amazon AWS or similar.
- Participate in code review cycle.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or related subject.
- Great verbal and written English and Spanish communication skills, at least B2 according to CEFR for both languages.
- Minimum of 3 years of directly related experience in IT development operations, systems engineering and Linux administration and deployments.
- Experience in infrastructure as code (IaC) tool such as Terraform (desired), CloudFormation, etc.
- Experience in provisioning tools such as Ansible (desired), Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Experience in Amazon AWS (or similar) infrastructure automation, containers, orchestration, CI/CD, performance tuning, and application monitoring.
- Command of modern build tools, version control systems and automated testing technologies such as Git, Jenkins, Maven, etc.
- Experience in monitoring and managing scalable and fault-tolerant deployments and supporting them in real-world scenarios.
- Experience with continuous integration, log collection and analysis, builds and performance monitoring/tuning of your infrastructure.
- Experience writing scripts in Ruby/Bash/Groovy/Python.
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical customers.
- Experience working with relational databases (SQL). Bonus points for database performance tuning.
- Experience designing High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions across multiple AWS regions.
- Experience working in a DevOps environment utilizing Agile Scrum and Kanban for task management.
We believe that work and fun can, in fact, coexist. To wit:
- Competitive salary in USD.
- Work from home 3 days a week.
- Very flexible schedule (objectives is what actually matters).
- Private health/life/dental insurance (free for you, 50% discount for your spouse/children).
- Monthly training subsidy.
- Lunch is on us the days at the office.
- Free fruits to enjoy at the office Monday thru Thursday.
- There's always drinks and snacks in the kitchen.
- Private and secure parking space.
- Culture of integrity.
- Culture of knowledge sharing.
- Video game room.