- Montecillos, Alajuela Province, Alajuela, Costa Rica
Hello, we are Edify, one of the highest ranked IT companies in Costa Rica and Central America according to Great Place to Work ®.
We're a consolidated technology services consultancy firm specializing in education technology. We deliver unbelievably creative and rock solid solutions for a wide range of clients, including major corporations, startups, educational institutions and non-profit organizations.
At Edify we believe that bored employees make boring products. Here, there's no such thing. We help our clients design, build and run some of the most interesting ventures in the industry, while promoting the warm, friendly and cooperative culture. Work and life should definitely be buddies, so we're serious about cultivating a great work environment.
We are looking for an experienced professional accountant to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions.
Professional accountant responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures. A successful professional accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts. The ideal candidate has demonstrated experience in the Free Trade Zone regime and transfer pricing.
Professional accountant duties also include ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all of our accounting tasks.
- CPA/CPI (or equivalent formation), with 8+ years experience in accounting.
- Strong accounting skills.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong customer focused (both Internal / External).
- English level B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
- Calculate monthly payroll according to local legislation and company policy.
- Calculate the provisions of employee's legal benefits as well as withholdings and other deductions.
- Generate monthly reports of contributions to complementary pensions and school salary.
- Generate files for payment on the banking platform.
- Generate electronic payment vouchers with the respective vacation balance.
- Prepare proof or salary certifications for employees.
- Calculate employee severance.
- Generate payroll reports.
- Report annual employee income tax return.
- Communicate updates related to legal payroll regulations.
- Generate monthly government reports (CCSS, INS RT and Hacienda).
- Generate monthly report of employee benefit provisions.
- Generate accounting entries (biweekly and monthly).
- Process and record accounting information in documents or accounting system based on bank statements, checks and bank transfers.
- Reconcile monthly auxiliary records of banks with accounting records.
- Generate quarterly reports to analyze accounting processes, documents and concepts.
- Keep the accounting catalog updated.
- Classify journal registries.
- Support the preparation and monitoring of the annual budget.
- Review monthly payroll and reports generated for other services paid by the company (PALIG, Fire Policy, among others)
- Manage electronic invoicing (issuance, receipt and approval of invoices)
- Manage Financial Statements: Balance of Proof, Statement of Financial Position, Statement of Profit and Loss, Statement of Comprehensive Income, Statement of Changes in Equity, Statement of Cash Flow, Bank reconciliations of bank statements of accounts and accounting records.
- Manage Financial Statements: Auxiliary Records of: accounts receivable, prepaid expenses, other assets, accounts payable and fixed assets and accounting depreciation
- Manage physical inventories of fixed assets of the company (registration of assets and registration of depreciation, disposal, donation or sale of fixed assets)
- Calculate the method of depreciation of fixed assets in accordance with the Costa Rican Law.
- Perform the registration of assets (purchases) and record depreciation, disposal, donation or sale of fixed assets
- On a monthly basis verify and reconcile the accuracy of fixed assets (cost and accumulated depreciation) with the ledger.
- Support in the analysis of transfer pricing and preparation and delivery of related reports and declarations
- Make tax declarations and summaries for Hacienda: Declaración Jurada del Impuesto sobre la renta corporativa (D-101), Retenciones en la fuente (D-103), Declaración Jurada del Impuesto al Valor Agregado (D-104), Resumen de Retenciones - impuestos únicos y definitivos (D-152), Declaración Anual resumen de clientes, proveedores y gastos específicos (D151), Recibo oficial de pago (D110), Timbre de educación y cultura, Impuestos a las sociedades.
- Preparation of the tax provision (annual).
- Manage the commercial patent.
Free Trade Zone
- Generate monthly sales reports to PROCOMER.
- Generate the Annual Operations Report (IAO).
- Make cierres de viaje, DUAs and keep the Libro de Control de Operaciones Aduanales fully reconciled with the accounting of the company.
- Keep a record of the differences due to Theft, Donation, Recycling or destruction of equipment or assets acquired under the free zone regulations with their respective customs process as the case may be.
- Maintain and make recommendations on the company's investment portfolio, corporate leases and corporate policies.
- Address requests for information related to Tributación Directa, Municipalities and other financial institutions.
- Prepare, review and update the procedures related to your work area.
- Attend and support internal and external audit processes, as well as compliance audits of the different authorities.
We believe that work and fun can, in fact, coexist. To wit:
- Competitive salary.
- Work from home 3 days a week.
- Very flexible schedule (objectives is what actually matters).
- Monthly training subsidy.
- Lunch is on us the days at the office.
- Free fruits to enjoy at the office Monday thru Thursday.
- There's always drinks in the fridge and snacks in the kitchen.
- Private health/life insurance (free for you, 50% discount for your spouse/children).
- Private and secure parking space.
- Culture of integrity.
- Culture of knowledge sharing.
- Video game room.