- Centro Corporativo Aerocentro, Alajuela, Provincia de Alajuela, Costa Rica
Hello, we are Edify, one of the highest ranked IT companies in Costa Rica and Central America according to Great Place to Work ®.
We're a consolidated technology services consultancy firm specializing in education technology. We deliver unbelievably creative and rock solid solutions for a wide range of clients, including major corporations, startups, educational institutions and non-profit organizations.
At Edify we believe that bored employees make boring products. Here, there's no such thing. We help our clients design, build and run some of the most interesting ventures in the industry, while promoting the warm, friendly and cooperative culture. Work and life should definitely be buddies, so we're serious about cultivating a great work environment.
The Business Analyst (BA) will work alongside key business and technical stakeholders to understand our client’s vision, identify solution requirements, participate actively in the solution design process, and ensure the finished product meets the needs of the business. The BA will be responsible for understanding and documenting customer needs and requests, providing feedback and guidance to clients and the team as appropriate, and creating functional design documents intended for use by all technical parties. The BA will also support the sales process by interfacing with clients at an early stage and providing input for the creation of project contracts. A BA works on a variety of projects from mobile and content management systems, to large integration efforts spanning multiple lines of business and is required to provide leadership through experience and help shape the strategy of our clients.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Software Engineering or related or demonstrated level of equivalent knowledge.
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrated experience as a Business Systems Analyst on IT-related projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with technical, management and business counterparts..
- Ability to write and perform basic SQL queries preferred as well as excel development skills.
- Proficiency with Google Docs Suite as well as change control and defect tracking software.
- Prior consulting experience desired.
Description of the most important processes and tasks:
- Use skills of listening, written and verbal communication, presentation, organization and planning to successfully advance client’s applications through insightful and accurate documentation of customer requirements as epics and user stories.
- Adapt rapidly to client business challenges and technologies in order to act as a subject-matter expert and trusted advisor to client stakeholders.
- Act as a key player in a team environment through all phases of the system delivery lifecycle.
- Act as a bridge between the technical and business views to ensure that high quality and meaningful solutions are delivered for our clients.
- Create detailed requirements documents that provide input to the technical design of complex software applications.
- Participate throughout the software development process to ensure software developed meets the needs described.
- Understand the capabilities of the organization, and provides appropriate input for gaps identified.
- Work with client stakeholders to understand high level business needs and obtain detailed requirements.
We believe that work and fun can, in fact, coexist. To wit:
- Competitive salary.
- Work from home 3 days a week.
- Very flexible schedule (objectives is what actually matters).
- Monthly training subsidy.
- Lunch is on us the days at the office.
- Free fruits to enjoy at the office Monday thru Thursday.
- There's always drinks in the fridge and snacks in the kitchen.
- Private health/life insurance (free for you, 50% discount for your spouse/children).
- Private and secure parking space.
- Culture of integrity.
- Culture of knowledge sharing.
- Video game room.