Director Of Operations
- 6600 Virginia Manor Rd, Beltsville, MD 20705, USA
Come join Edifice Solutions’ diverse and dynamic group of professionals! Edifice is an innovative Design+Build and Construction firm providing mission-critical solutions to the U.S. federal government and intelligence community.
With projects in more than 20 countries worldwide, Edifice earned a spot on the prestigious Inc. 500 fastest growing company list for two years in a row (and Top Ten fastest growing company in Metro DC). A woman-owned small business, Edifice is celebrating its 13th anniversary and looking for amazing new team members as we continue to "build" for the future.
· Overall responsibility for successful execution of construction projects: achieving timeliness, quality, and client satisfaction
· Works collaboratively with the pre-construction team, Project Managers and Site Superintendents to ensure each team’s financial and client service goals are established and maintained
· Establish Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for construction operations, enabling timely course-corrections and provide a basis for strategic planning
· Coordinate with Project Managers and Site Superintendents to ensure projects and programs are planned, executed and supported efficiently to maximize the client’s expectations and maintain the schedule and budget
· Provide leadership and direction that maximizes the company goals of profit, quality and client service
· Maintain and improve construction operations processes in the field and at headquarters.
· Ensure that all schedules and budgets are maintained and accurate and providing organizational leadership with Weekly Schedule and Financial updates on progress for each project
· Ensure all projects demonstrate a cost-effective plan and schedule for completion of project following a logical pattern for utilization of resources
Ensure warranty and call-back process is managed and efficient for company and clients
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands of this position include talking, hearing, visual acuity, manual dexterity and sedentary work and are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Four-year Degree in Construction Management or other related disciplines preferred and/or equivalent combination of knowledge, skills and abilities
· Minimum 15 years work experience and minimum 5-7+ years upper management experience in Construction Industry
· Coaching and mentoring skills to ensure the growth and improvement of the PM team and the other departments in an organization.
· Experience in strategic planning and execution of an organization
· Knowledge of construction processes and procedures
· Strong verbal and written communication skills Strong Project Management knowledge with demonstrated means and methods for tracking progress and meeting or exceeding corporate goals
Edifice Solutions is an EEO/AA employer. We encourage Minority/Female/Protected Veteran/Disabled applicants to apply. All employees and applicants are treated without regard to age, sex, color, religion, race, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, current or future military status, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital or familial status, disability or any other status protected by law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States. Applicants will be required to complete an eligibility verification, background check and drug screening upon hire.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.