- 6600 Virginia Manor Rd, Beltsville, MD 20705, USA
Come join Edifice Solutions’ diverse and dynamic group of professionals! Edifice is an innovative Design+Build and Construction firm providing mission-critical solutions to the U.S. federal government and intelligence community.
With projects in more than 20 countries worldwide, Edifice earned a spot on the prestigious Inc. 500 fastest growing company list for two years in a row (and Top Ten fastest growing company in Metro DC). A woman-owned small business, Edifice is celebrating its 13th anniversary and looking for amazing new team members as we continue to "build" for the future.
Edifice Solutions is seeking an experienced individual with exceptional estimating skills, attention to detail and the ability to sell. The work requires someone who can perform more than just quantity take offs. Our scope of work is determined by specific notes, details, site inspections, existing conditions, intuition, practical knowledge, imagination and intelligence.
- Performs detailed assessment of RFP requirements and gathers and disseminates historical bid information pertinent to the proposal
- Reviews plans and architectural drawings; prepares quantity take-offs on assigned projects
- Oversees preparation of Bid Package to be distributed to subcontractors and vendors
- Analyzes subcontractors and vendors proposal submissions for scope and value
- Solicits bids and elects proper subcontractors and vendors for assignment
- Prepares detailed cost estimates and conceptual budgets for client
- Utilizes appropriate software programs to calculate, record and track estimates
- Creates PM/Superintendent project kits which include: estimates, purchase orders, project directories and insurance
- Attends meetings with clients, architects, engineers, and building owners as needed
- Edifice Brand Building
- Advocate for and positively represent the company in your relationship building with other team members, clients, subcontractors and suppliers
- Attend or organize company sponsored events, holiday parties, BBQ’s, etc.
- Collaborate cross-functionally. Assist in other departments or cross-train if requested.
- And other duties as assigned
- 5 - 7 years previous estimating experience in all aspects of pre-construction preferred
- BS/BA in a construction related field preferred
- Computer proficiency with estimating software
- Must have excellent mathematical skills
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings
Edifice Solutions is an EEO/AA employer. We encourage Minority/Female/Protected Veteran/Disabled applicants to apply. All employees and applicants are treated without regard to age, sex, color, religion, race, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, current or future military status, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital or familial status, disability or any other status protected by law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States. Applicants will be required to complete an eligibility verification, background check and drug screening upon hire.