- 6600 Virginia Manor Rd, Beltsville, MD 20705, USA
Come join Edifice Solutions’ diverse and dynamic group of professionals! Edifice is an innovative Design+Build and Construction firm providing mission-critical solutions to the U.S. federal government and intelligence community.
With projects in more than 20 countries worldwide, Edifice earned a spot on the prestigious Inc. 500 fastest growing company list for two years in a row (and Top Ten fastest growing company in Metro DC). A woman-owned small business, Edifice is celebrating its 13th anniversary and looking for amazing new team members as we continue to "build" for the future.
- Obtain accurate and up-to-date pricing information from databases, subcontractors, suppliers, etc., to utilize in estimates.
- Review and finalize pricing to reflect current market conditions and specific project logistics, comparing historic benchmark cost information and comparing budgets to bids to highlight and explain variances.
- Work with an energetic team of construction professionals to interpret project documents and prepare clear, complete and competitive budgets, bids and value engineering.
- Manage subcontractor relationships in a challenging and fast paced environment.
- Illustrate the value of Edifice’s Pre-Construction Services to clients.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands of this position include talking, hearing, visual acuity, manual dexterity and sedentary work and are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Experience ensuring all work is accurately quantified and has applied costs to disaggregated line items.
· Experience ensuring 3-5 quotes from subcontract to substantiate cost.
· Ability to tie schedule to costs for general conditions
· Experience providing estimates that allow for buy savings as directed by Director of Estimating
Edifice Solutions is an EEO/AA employer. We encourage Minority/Female/Protected Veteran/Disabled applicants to apply. All employees and applicants are treated without regard to age, sex, color, religion, race, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, current or future military status, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital or familial status, disability or any other status protected by law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States. Applicants will be required to complete an eligibility verification, background check and drug screening upon hire.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.