International Project Manager - U.S. (Washington D.C.) Based with International Travel
- 6600 Virginia Manor Rd, Beltsville, MD 20705, USA
Come join Edifice Solutions’ diverse and dynamic group of professionals! Edifice is an innovative Design+Build and Construction firm providing mission-critical solutions to the U.S. federal government and intelligence community.
With projects in more than 20 countries worldwide, Edifice earned a spot on the prestigious Inc. 500 fastest growing company list for two years in a row (and Top Ten fastest growing company in Metro DC). A woman-owned small business, Edifice is celebrating its 13th anniversary and looking for amazing new team members as we continue to "build" for the future.
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager whose core competencies include building buildings from the ground up. The Project Manager will be responsible for leading small project teams with the clear goals of providing excellent service, maintaining client satisfaction, and ensuring project profitability. This person will be a key person in our growing company, and will serve as a prime point of communication between our clients and Edifice Solutions. As such this person must have cradle to grave experience with multiple large, or complex construction projects valued over $25 MM. Federal government construction experience strongly preferred.
- Manage project budgets and schedules for all assigned projects.
- Coordinate daily with onsite PM's to insure project schedule is updated and improved upon.
- Attend weekly Roll-up Meetings and be able to explain the progress, risks, opportunities, and complete financial condition of all assigned projects.
- Travel: Travel internationally to assigned job sites and future job sites.
- Conduct project meetings, while setting milestones and formulating monthly owner reports.
- Change Orders: Formally Document Project Changes through PCO’s and Change Orders.
- Submittals and Billings: Establish job processes (RFIs, submittals, and pay applications) including billings (approving pay applications) and negotiating subcontract change orders.
- Scheduling: Perform project scheduling; ensure project quality control and establish overall project logistics.
- Safety & QC: Administer programs, such as CQC, Safety, Environmental Stewardship.
- Closeouts: Document substantial completion; manage the project closeout process to ensure timely completion.
Edifice Brand Building
- Advocate and positively represent the company by building relationships with clients, subcontractors, and community stakeholders.
- Enhance the Edifice brand by getting a very good or better CPARS/PPQ.
Manage, Mentor, Train
- Supervise assistant operations support roles such as assistant project manager, administrative assistant, MEP managers, safety team members, etc.
- Collaborate with the project superintendent and site operations team throughout the life of the project.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands of this position include talking, hearing, visual acuity, manual dexterity and sedentary work and are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· B.S. degree in Engineering or Construction Management with 5 years of experience with a general contractor or 10 years of directly related experience with no degree;
· Must be able to learn the DOS FE/BR hardware sets SHW1 thru SHW20 and where they are used within 90 days of hire;
· Demonstrated experience in managing self-performed work activities and subcontracted work;
· A good working knowledge of construction means and methods associated with the renovation and new construction in government facilities;
· High level of proficiency with spreadsheets, Sage, email and other software used in the construction industry;
· Ability and willingness to travel extensively to international job site locations;
· A minimum of 5 years of experience in government contracting is required;
· Current safety credentials to include OSHA 30, 1st Aid and CPR;
· Must be able to obtain at a minimum a DOS Secret Security Clearance;
· US citizenship required.
· Time Management
· Continuous Improvement
· Contributing to Team Success
· Driving for Results
Edifice Solutions is an EEO/AA employer. We encourage Minority/Female/Protected Veteran/Disabled applicants to apply. All employees and applicants are treated without regard to age, sex, color, religion, race, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, current or future military status, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital or familial status, disability or any other status protected by law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States. Applicants will be required to complete an eligibility verification, background check and drug screening upon hire.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.