Assistant Facilities Security Officer
- 6600 Virginia Manor Rd, Beltsville, MD 20705, USA
Come join Edifice Solutions’ diverse and dynamic group of professionals! Edifice is an innovative Design+Build and Construction firm providing mission-critical solutions to the U.S. federal government and intelligence community.
With projects in more than 20 countries worldwide, Edifice earned a spot on the prestigious Inc. 500 fastest growing company list for two years in a row (and Top Ten fastest growing company in Metro DC). A woman-owned small business, Edifice is celebrating its 13th anniversary and looking for amazing new team members as we continue to "build" for the future.
(AFSO) who will be responsible for supervising and directing security measures necessary for implementing the requirements of our Security Procedure Manual in accordance with National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) procedures.
• Create, execute, and monitor the office security policies, procedures, and practices in compliance with our Government security requirements.
• Ensure COMSEC requirements and procedures are implemented and followed.
• Provide guidance and instructions to all employees to ensure any event, circumstance, or act that could be considered a breach of security is reported immediately
• Conduct security trainings, briefings, and debriefings
• Assure proper marking, safeguarding, and transmission of all classified and COMSEC materials
• Manage the Access Control System
• Administer JPAS activity including processing clearances and visit requests
• Maintain all records in compliance with our security manual and COMSEC procedures
• Primary contact for DSS reviews and correspondence
• Maintain a working relationship with all contract security offices to ensure proper paperwork and clearances are maintained.
• Maintain Joint Personnel Adjudicative System (JPAS), verify personnel security clearances in JPAS, update records as required
• Indoctrinate, provide security brief, and SF312 Non Disclosures to new hire cleared personnel
• Review all SF86/eQIP forms for all contracts and make revisions and required. Coordinate with security applicants to answer questions, concerns and facilitate the accuracy of their required forms
• Initiate new investigations, periodic reinvestigations and upgrading of personnel clearance in accordance with contract requirements
• Review and comply with DD254 security requirements issued to the company by government customer. Issue DD254’s to subcontractors working on classified contracts
• Run background checks on potential and new hires
• Submit monthly visitor access request list to customers for personnel site access, update as required
• Maintain physical access controls, including monitoring cameras, overseeing entry/exit procedures, and badges. Oversee the changing of safe combinations
• Act as classified management custodian and ensure compliance with handling and safeguarding procedures for classified information. Oversee classified safe, daily logs and access control. Oversee and track transmittal sheets
• Prepare and participate in annual security compliance inspection with Defense Security Services ensuring Edifice receives no less than a satisfactory rating
• Liaison with local security counterparts
• 5+ years as a Facility Security Officer or related experience
• Well versed in the NISPOM and Government security requirements
• Experience with JPAS and e-Qip
• Applicant must hold an active Top-Secret security clearance
• Applicant must be a COMSEC Custodian
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to communicate clearly with all levels of management
• Bachelor’s degree is related field preferred
Edifice Solutions is an EEO/AA employer. We encourage Minority/Female/Protected Veteran/Disabled applicants to apply. All employees and applicants are treated without regard to age, sex, color, religion, race, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, current or future military status, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital or familial status, disability or any other status protected by law.