Office Manager/Executive Assistant
- 6600 Virginia Manor Rd, Beltsville, MD 20705, USA
Come join Edifice Solutions’ diverse and dynamic group of professionals! Edifice is an innovative Design+Build and Construction firm providing mission-critical solutions to the U.S. federal government and intelligence community.
With projects in more than 20 countries worldwide, Edifice earned a spot on the prestigious Inc. 500 fastest growing company list for two years in a row (and Top Ten fastest growing company in Metro DC). A woman-owned small business, Edifice is celebrating its 13th anniversary and looking for amazing new team members as we continue to "build" for the future.
This position requires a motivated team player who demonstrates dedication, self-direction and uncompromising attention to detail. In this role, the successful candidate will work closely with the CEO and Executive Leadership Team to support efficient, lean business practices while coordinating daily administrative and office management tasks with strategic thinking and a solid understanding of how to best support the company’s overall goals. The position involves coordination and management of executive calendars, travel arrangements, coordination with several in-house departments and support directly for the CEO in a timely, reliable and professional manner. Outstanding written communication to include excellence in spelling, grammar and proofreading is required. The ideal candidate has previous experience as an Office Manager or Executive Assistant in a corporate environment and is adept at evaluating and implementing technology and automation tools to support smooth operations at every level. The ability to identify, understand and address the needs of senior managers from an administrative perspective is central to this role.
Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as, but not limited to, a copy machine, and computer printer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, below:
- Maintain neat and organized files
- Schedule and organizes complex company activities
- Perform desktop publishing
- Organize and prioritize large volumes of information
- Managing office and supply budgets
- Responsible for ensuring office financial objectives are met by preparing annual budget for the office, planning the expenditures, analyzing variances and carrying out necessary corrections that may arise
- Ordering office supplies and equipment, maintaining proper stock levels
- Vendor Management
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers and possibly office lease
EXECUTIVE-LEVEL MANAGEMENT, ANALYSIS AND REPORTING
- Attending meetings with senior management and taking accurate, detailed notes for distribution
- Preparing letters, PowerPoint presentations and management-level reports
- Keeping confidential information confidential
CALENDAR, EVENTS, AND LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT
- Coordinating appointments and meetings and managing executive and staff calendars and schedules
- Booking transport and accommodation (including domestic/international travel, with flight, hotel, car reservations and itinerary for each trip)
- Organizing company events and conferences
- Assist Marketing Team as needed
- Supervising and monitoring the work of administrative staff (as applicable)
- Coordinate office staff activities to ensure maximum efficiency
- Evaluate and manage staff performance
- Coach, mentor and discipline office staff to ensure their top performance
- Designing, implementing and maintaining policies and procedures related to office administrative systems, filing and record keeping - record retrieval/disposal, and communication protocol (Responsible for developing standards and promoting activities that enhance operational procedures).
- Oversee adherence to office policies and procedures, once designed.
- Ensure that results are measured against standards, while making necessary changes along the way.
- Prepare operational reports and schedules to ensure efficiency
- Ensuring that health, safety, and security procedures are up to date and followed by all
- Liaising with staff, suppliers and clients
- Manage internal staff relations
- Handling correspondence, complaints and queries (internal or external)
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment
- Use discretion at all times
- Assisting the organization's Contracts function by keeping Contracts and other records up to date, filed properly, and in accordance with proper naming conventions.
- Assisting the organization's Certifications and Licenses function by keeping Contracts and other records up to date, filed properly by expiration date, and in accordance with proper naming conventions
-Other records as needed
Quickly adapt to and use a range of software packages.
- 3-5 years of proven office management experience, in an office of 20+ people
- Proven experience managing an executive calendar
- Executive level strategic thinking skills
- Excellent writing skills - spelling, grammar, and ability to proofread
- Proficiency with Information Technology
- Ability to use MS Office tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Edifice Solutions is an EEO/AA employer. We encourage Minority/Female/Protected Veteran/Disabled applicants to apply. All employees and applicants are treated without regard to age, sex, color, religion, race, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, current or future military status, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital or familial status, disability or any other status protected by law. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States. Applicants will be required to complete an eligibility verification, background check and drug screening upon hire.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.