- 6600 Virginia Manor Rd, Beltsville, MD 20705, USA
Come join Edifice Solutions’ diverse and dynamic group of professionals! Edifice is an innovative Design+Build and Construction firm providing mission-critical solutions to the U.S. federal government and intelligence community.
With projects in more than 20 countries worldwide, Edifice earned a spot on the prestigious Inc. 500 fastest growing company list for two years in a row (and Top Ten fastest growing company in Metro DC). A woman-owned small business, Edifice is celebrating its 13th anniversary and looking for amazing new team members as we continue to "build" for the future.
Edifice has an immediate opening for an entry-level project management professional who possesses some construction-related background through education in engineering, architecture, construction management, other hard sciences or previous experience in construction. The ideal applicant must have strong organizational skills, be proficient in written and oral communications, be able to work in team environments, can read construction plans and drawings (preferred) or can learn to read drawings quickly, be able to work in office and field environments, can work independently and under direction of others, and has an eagerness to learn and ultimately sees himself/herself in the construction field.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The Project Coordinator will assist the project team at all levels with the following tasks at a minimum and as required:
- Project Management Support
- Assist in the preparation of documentation for client billings
- Assist in the review and processing of subcontractor/supplier invoices
- Assist in the preparation of written communications to the client, subcontractors or suppliers
- Prepare, review and process submittals, including shop drawings, as required for the project
- Visit project sites as needed to review progress and attend meetings
- Records and Documentation
- Accurately record and prepare detailed meeting minutes (notes), with no spelling or grammar errors
- Maintain various project logs and project files, using proper naming conventions, and ensuring all pertinent data is current
- Subcontractor Management
- Assist in the procurement of materials and subcontractors
- Prepare purchase orders for vendors
- Edifice Brand Building
- Advocate for and positively represent the company in your relationship building with other team members, clients, subcontractors and suppliers
- Attend or organize company sponsored events, holiday parties, BBQ’s, etc.
- Collaborate cross-functionally. Assist in other departments or cross-train if requested.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands of this position include talking, hearing, visual acuity, manual dexterity and sedentary work and are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 0−2 years of work experience
- Read and understand construction plans and specifications (preferred)
- Familiarity with Construction Practices
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly and integrate into day to day tasks
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized
- Proficiency or Advanced Skills with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel), and ability to quickly master new construction industry software packages, such as Procore
Edifice Solutions is an EEO/AA employer. We encourage Minority/Female/Protected Veteran/Disabled applicants to apply. All employees and applicants are treated without regard to age, sex, color, religion, race, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, current or future military status, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital or familial status, disability or any other status protected by law. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States. Applicants will be required to complete an eligibility verification, background check and drug screening upon hire.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.