- 16a Darlington St, Wolverhampton WV1 4HW, UK
Eclipse Properties was founded in 2004, with the main aim of providing Estate Agency services to the local area
We have grown steadily since then, and currently our main products / services are:
· Estate Agency Services
· Rental Properties
· Care Packages for Local Councils
Our workforce is based in our 10 locations.
We deliver support to young people aged between 16-18 years old within self-contained homes.
Vacancy Type: Full – Time, Permanent (6 Month Probationary period)
Reporting to: Mr. Daoud Hashimi
Hours of Work:
Monday to Friday – 8.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.
Saturday/Sunday: 9.30 a.m. – 1.00 p.m.
£18.500, per annum
Company Mobile & Laptop
Comprehensive training available
Nature of the role:
· Support young people leaving care to develop their skills, confidence and self-esteem.
· Deliver an effective and flexible service for the young people in partnership with local authorities and relevant agencies.
· Ensure the young person is prepared for independent living when turning 18.
· Provide support, advocacy and information to the individuals we support.
· Help service users meet their personal care needs sensitively and appropriately to a high standard, including personal hygiene, assistance with laundry, preparing meals and drinks, budgeting, domestic cleaning and all aspects of safety.
· Support individuals to ensure their primary healthcare needs are met by accessing appropriate facilities for medical, dental, ophthalmic treatment etc.
· Ensure emotional/psychological needs are supported and monitored.
· Liaise with the relevant Immigration and Home Office Departments as required to process the service users claim for application for asylum.
· Ensure all appropriate leisure and hobby activities are pursued and if suitable undertaken.
· Assist with personal shopping where required.
· Support contact with relatives, friends and volunteers.
· Support service users to take any prescribed medicine, complying with all medication policies, including storage, administering and record keeping.
· Enable service users to achieve independence as far as possible in all areas of their life by providing appropriate information, opportunity, training, counselling and support.
· Help service users to identify and choose their support needs.
Provide a safe, comfortable and supportive home for the individuals we support
· Support service users to actively contribute to the running of their own home.
· Participate in rotas, which may include weekends.
· Assist in health and safety assessments, follow health and safety procedures and participate in fire drills and audits.
· Report any maintenance and repair tasks in the house, to the Service Manager/Team Leader
· Be First Aid trained to aid with First Aid when necessary.
Assist client users to present themselves as valued members of the local community
· Create opportunities for social and leisure activities with service users.
· Introduce service users to a range of facilities and amenities in the local neighbourhood and wider community.
· Assist individuals in developing their skills, facilitating access and enrolment in further education/community education, training, employment.
· Assist individuals to maintain and develop a range of relationships within the community including friends, neighbours and other social contact.
Ensure that the rights of our service users are always protected and respected.
Support services users so they can exercise their rights in the following areas:
· participation in decision making
· expression of their own cultural identity
· entitlement to services
· feedback on the service they receive and the right to complain
· protection of their property
· maintaining links with family and friends.
Liaise with other professionals on behalf of the individuals we support.
· Register and maintain contact with a wide range of outside professionals, e.g. Local Authorities, General Practitioners, Dentists, Opticians, Therapists, Solicitors, etc.
Keep records and participate in administrative tasks.
· Assist in writing, receiving and updating of individual care plans in conjunction with the Service Manager/Team Leader.
· Assist and participate in a wide range of administrative tasks necessary for the smooth running of the service.
Participate in the opportunities provided for training and development.
· Participate in regular supervision to: receive support, increase knowledge, identify training needs, evaluate work performance and aid professional development.
· Attend staff meetings, development programmes, training courses, seminars and workshops as required.
Work within, and promote, Eclipse Properties policies and procedures.
· Follow and understand Eclipse Properties policies and procedures
· Maintain confidentiality about service users, staff and the Company as a whole
· Promote equality of opportunity and a respect for diversity.
Be an active member of the team.
· Help cover the work of the team, during absence, vacancies, or when a colleague is under pressure.
· Liaise and coordinate with other team members to provide a cohesive, high quality service.
· Participate in and contribute to team meetings.
· Share with other team member’s previous experience, skills and knowledge, which may be relevant to the team in providing its service.
· Be supportive, respectful to service users, colleagues and visitors.
Training to be Provided:
The successful candidate will be required to undertake an NVQ Level 3 in Social and Health Care.
Essential Skills Required
· Full driving license
· Computer literate – Outlook, Word and Excel
· Excellent organisation skills
· Excellent communication skills
· Excellent report writing skills
· The ability to work independently and in a team
· Time management skills
· Flexibility with attitude and shift patterns
· Confident and competent in supporting clients with challenging behaviour
· Empathetic individual, who will relate to our service users
· Someone who can absorb and process information effectively
· Can conduct a schedule of visits across a range of geographical locations.
· Manage their own time and case load effectively
· Interact with and engage our young people
Candidate MUST have NVQ (QCF) in Social and Health Care level 2 and above.
Training within child protection, challenging behaviour, substance misuse, health and Safety, risk assessing desirable, Comprehensive training and certification will be paid by the company for the right candidate.
Personal qualities required
- A helpful and friendly approach
- A caring nature
- A good sense of humour
- Dedicated and committed
- Team worker
- Managing time
- Must hold a full driving license.
- Must be educated to A’ Level
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidate’s subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.
Link to application Form:
Open the link and click on download, complete on Word if possible and return via email. Alternatively download print and complete and return via post to the address above.
- Click on the "I'm interested" link.
- Complete information.
- You will then be sent the application form and job spec in an auto reply.
- Complete and return application form to the email address on the form.
Thank you for showing an interest in Eclipse Properties Ltd.