Restaurant General Manager- Terra
- 10250 Santa Monica Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90067, USA
Eataly is the world’s largest artisanal Italian food and beverage marketplace! Eataly is not a chain; each Eataly is different, with its own character and own theme – but all with the same aim... for our guests to:
- EAT authentic Italian food at our restaurants, cafés and to-go counters
- SHOP a selection of high-quality Italian, local and homemade products
- LEARN through our classes and our team’s product knowledge
Each Eataly location has multiple full-service, sit-down restaurants featuring authentic Italian dishes made with the highest quality, seasonal ingredients. Meat dishes, seafood dishes, pasta, pizza, street food – you can find it all in our various restaurants!
The Restaurant General Manager oversees the complex day-to-day operations of a single restaurant at an Eataly location. Functionally reports to the General Manager of Restaurants.
- Oversees the operations of the restaurant, working to maximize profitability while upholding the company’s mission, values, policies, quality and guest experience standards
- Works the floor actively, applying a hands-on approach, unafraid to get hands dirty
- Hires, assigns, trains, motivates, evaluates and terminates team members as necessary
- Provides in-the-moment coaching and feedback to team members, actively facilitating their growth
- Manages inventory levels and replenishes goods and operating materials
- Collaborates interdepartmentally and with corporate to plan activities, special events, share information, etc.
- Documents, investigates and resolves employee and guest incidents
- Maintains a high level of hospitality towards guests as well as within the team
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associate Degree
- 2+ years of experience managing a large restaurant staff to accomplish sales and guest service goals
- Demonstrated problem-solving, organizational, analytical and business management skills
- Excellent communication, leadership and team-building skills
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience with Italian cuisine and wine highly preferred
- Availability to work a flexible schedule often including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours, including standing, walking, bending and squatting
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K with match or RRSP
- Bonus program
- Free family meal daily
- Discounts at Eataly
- Classes on products and Italian cuisine
- Referral bonus program
- and more!
Eataly is an equal employment opportunity employer. It is the Company’s policy to not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic made unlawful to consider by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Eataly also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Eataly’s policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding consideration of unemployment status, salary history, credit/bankruptcy history and criminal background/conviction history in making hiring decisions. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.