Fixed Asset Accountant
- Plot 1715 Idejo Street,, Lagos
Eat 'N’ Go Limited is a restaurant group on a mission to become the premier food operator in Africa. So far, our growing family consists of three international brands, Domino's Pizza, Cold Stone Creamery & Pinkberry.
Eat ‘N’ Go limited officially started operation in August 2012 with the premier store at 4, Saka Tinubu Victoria Island, Lagos. Today, Eat N' Go has about 50 stores (outlet) across Nigeria and still growing with presence in Abuja, Lagos, Ibadan, Abeokuta, Enugu and PortHarcourt.
Purpose / Role
The Fixed Asset Account Officer’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, recording the cost of newly acquired fixed assets (both tangible and intangible), tracking existing fixed assets, recording depreciation, and accounting for the disposition of fixed assets.
Key aims and objectives
· They are accountable for recording the cost of fixed assets that have been newly acquired.
· They keep track of existing fixed assets.
· They keep track of recording depreciation.
· They perform accounting for the disposition of fixed assets.
Prime responsibilities and duties
· Calculate the depreciation for all fixed assets.
· Perform periodic impairment reviews for intangible assets.
· Find out the potential obsolescence of fixed assets.
· Perform regular physical inventory counts of fixed assets.
· Give recommendations to management regarding the disposal (or not) of fixed assets.
· Perform analysis related to fixed assets when requested by management.
· Prepare audit schedules for fixed assets and help out auditors when they have inquiries.
· Be the face of the company during government audits of fixed assets.
· Monitor the expenditures of the company for fixed assets in comparison to capital budget and management authorizations.
· Check for completeness and accuracy of fixed assets sub ledger and month-end closing activities such as account reconciliations, journal entries and adjustments.
· Monitor and process transactions on a daily basis.
· Reconcile the balance in the fixed asset subsidiary ledger to the general ledger
· Review and maintain all accounting records.
· Perform accounting activities as per established accounting standards and procedures.
· Involve in technology upgrades and changes related to fixed asset accounting.
· Generate monthly depreciation postings and annual account reports to management.
· Collaborate with team members to monitor asset disposals and movements.
· Maintain fixed asset system for accounting, processing and reporting of the assets.
· Organize and maintain fixed asset documentations for references.
· Monitor and report monthly capital expenditure to Managers
· Any other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time by the Head of Finance or Accounts Manager.
Experience / Education Required:
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in accounting
. Bachelors' Degree in Accounting
· Advanced use of Excel;
· Proficiency in ERPs; NAVISION is an advantage
· Detail oriented
· High Integrity, utmost confidentiality level
· Good analytical skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to summarize and present complex financial data in an organized, concise manner
· Ability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs, which may include evenings, weekends and holidays
· Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines and at the same time deliver time results and reports.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.