- plot 1715, Idejo Street, Victoria Island, Lagos
Eat 'N’ Go Limited is a restaurant group on a mission to become the premier food operator in Africa. So far, our growing family consists of three international brands, Domino's Pizza, Cold Stone Creamery & Pinkberry.
Eat ‘N’ Go limited officially started operation in August 2012 with the premier store at 4, Saka Tinubu Victoria Island, Lagos. Today, Eat N' Go has about 50 stores (outlet) across Nigeria and still growing with presence in Abuja, Lagos, Ibadan, Abeokuta, Port Harcourt and Enugu.
Purpose / Role
To provide reliable financial, non- financial information with respect to operations execution. Develop key measures that will improve the performance of respective activities within the company. Give advice to Management with respect to investments and putting in place the necessary strategies and tools to minimize the operational costs of the company.
Key aims and objectives
· Sound Financial accounting and management
· Budget Preparation
· Financial Policies & Procedures development and management
· Preparation of monthly financial reports for all the business units within the company
Prime responsibilities and duties
- Assessment of the company’s performance against both the annual budget (in line with the levers of control) and the company’s approved 5-year Plan.
- Develops tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the CFO and provides actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations.
- Put the right mechanism in place to ensure business units pays all obligations on due date, stays Cash-Flow Positive throughout the period in line with the financial indicators in the plan
- “Responsible for the seamless and real-time running of the financial reporting processes to aid speed of service delivery to both internal and external parties.
- Report the actual financial Performance and compare with the Control Levers.
- Oversee payroll budgeting, monthly payroll and all related controls. Assist in the design, implementation, and timely calculations of salaries, incentives, and bonuses and ensure adequate cash flow for payroll payments.
- Periodic Key account reconciliation and Trial Balance review
- Put the right mechanism in place to meet all Suppliers obligations on due date, stays Cash-Flow Positive throughout the period in line with the financial indicators in the plan, and Code of Business Conduct.
- Perform management duties and actively contribute to business unit’s financial, operations and strategic plans
- Organize monthly budgetary control meeting with the departments and the budget control team
- Study monthly the variances of the budgetary control to find out the causes.
- Value the variances cause impact on the business.
- Implement action plan to correct the variances.
- Ensure the departmental budgets are consistent with budget objectives and business plan.
- Check all the variances with the history and value their impact on the budget
· Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users (directors) and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
· Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures
· Ensure that all statutory requirements of the organization are met including Withholding Payments (CPP, EI), Income Tax, Goods and Services Tax,PAYE,
· Prepare all supporting information for the annual audit and liaise with the company’s external auditors as necessary
· Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions
· Review monthly results and implement monthly variance reporting
· Manage the acquisition of capital assets and ensure that assets are properly recorded, amortized, and disposed of as appropriate
· Assist the CFO with the preparation of budgets for funding applications for growth and development expansion programs
· Maintain financial records for each project in a manner that facilitates management reports
· Monitor risk management policies and procedures to ensure that program and organizational risks are minimized
· Maximize income where possible and appropriate
· Negotiate with Bank for lines of credit or other financial services as required and appropriate
· Oversee the management of all leases, contracts and other financial commitments.
· Other duties that may be assigned by the CFO
· Monthly financial report to the CFO
· University Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field, master’s degree in relevant field
· Professional qualification ACCA, ICAN etc
· 10 – 12 years work experience required preferably in QSR business
· Proficiency in Excel; ERPs; Ms Dynamics Navision is an advantage
· High Integrity, utmost confidentiality level
· Good analytical skills
· Detail-oriented with expert knowledge of (GAAP) accounting procedures and financial reporting practices
· A professional certification in Accounting or a related field highly desired;
· Budgeting and budget management experience required.
· Proven ability to analyze reports or issues and to provide appropriate recommendations required.
· Availability to perform work assignments out of the country required.
· Sound knowledge of local law in the areas of taxation and local regulatory reporting obligations is required
· Strong knowledge of effective management practices desired
· Knowledge of the relevant public donors’ regulations will be highly desired
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.