Vocational Specialist I
- Rancho Cucamonga, CA, USA
For 100 years, Easterseals has served as an indispensable resource for individuals with disabilities. Our purpose is to change the way the world defines and views disability by making profound, positive differences in people’s lives every day. Join our team and help make a difference!
Residential Services provides the experience of an intimate home setting for individuals with disabilities who have lived most of their lives in a state developmental center. It is a person-centered service that focuses on opportunities, tools and activities that nurture and promote individual choice. Individuals live in a home and are provided with 24 hours, seven-days-a-week, 365-days a year support from trained Easterseals staff and other medical, therapeutic, nutritional recreational and behavioral professionals.
WorkFirst is a division of Easterseals Southern California that provides one-on-one, customized employment support services to individuals who are interested in finding and maintaining paid work or starting their own business. WorkFirst identifies each person’s talents, interests, goals and abilities in order to support him or her to find a job or business venture that can be fulfilling long-term.
WorkFirst helps people enhance their economic self-sufficiency, self-esteem and participation in the community.
Under direct supervision, provides individual employment services. Determines client interests, aptitudes, abilities, and personality characteristics for vocational planning purposes. Develops and executes job placement plan. Ensures accurate, complete files are established and maintained. Prepares associated reports.
- Completes the discovery process, determining personal attributes, interests, skills, talents, and preferences, resulting in a solid profile. Develops a personalized plan and determines opportunities
- Generates employment opportunities for clients through regular employer contacts, public relations, and community interaction. Follows up on leads with potential employers and develops jobs
- Completes paperwork and maintains files and client documentation
- Provides transportation to clients depending upon program design and job location
- HS diploma and 1 to 2 years' experience, or equivalent combination of training, education and experience to perform the job successfully
- 1-2 years' experience in job development with individuals with special needs or vocational rehabilitation.
- Hired associated will receive the Nationally certified ACRE (Association of Community Rehabilitation Educators) course in Customized Employment.
- Ability to communicate effectively through oral and written skills with all levels of staff and the public.
- Must be able to multi-task and accept challenges.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Applications (Word, Outlook and Excel).
- Ability to obtain and maintain a criminal record/fingerprint clearance from the Department of Justice and Federal Bureau of Investigation per Easter Seals Southern California and/or program requirements.
- Ability to travel locally with reliable transportation, maintain driving record in compliance with Transportation Safety Standards, and must have and maintain proper auto insurance and vehicle registration.
- Ability to pass post-offer medical examination and test for tuberculosis
- This position is located in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- This position requires up to 100% local travel within the assigned region.
- Regular exposure to unpleasant or hazardous working conditions (noise, heat, dust, bodily fluids, etc.) more than 50% of work time.
- This position requires repetitive lifting of up to 50 pounds; standing, bending, reaching, stooping, squatting, kneeling, grasping, and/or twisting at the waist for extended periods of time
To view additional job opportunities, or to learn more about Easterseals Southern California, please visit our web site at - https://www.easterseals.com/southerncal