Parent Involvement Coordinator
- Encinitas, CA
Easterseals Child Development Centers serve children from birth to five years of age. Our Centers feature safe and caring environments, state-of-the-art tools and programs, individualized learning plans, highly qualified teachers and are inclusive of children with or without disabilities. We emphasize active parent partnerships.
We have opportunities available for Early Childhood Educators to Plan, implement, evaluate and supervise a developmentally appropriate and inclusive educational curriculum. You will also supervise activities of the center's educational program.
Pays $16.00-$20.00/hour DOE
Location is Leucadia
Must be bilingual Spanish
Develops,plans and implements meaningful activities for parents to ensure effective andconsistent participation of parents at all levels of Head Start and Early HeadStart programs; coordinates and oversees the parent involvement component for HeadStart and Early program; organizes parent activities, parent education andparent groups; recruits train and supervises parent and volunteers and performsall other related duties.
- Coordinates the parent involvement component of the Head Start and Early Head Start programs in line with the Parent Engagement Framework and ESSC CDC parent/family goals; plans, and formulates goals, policies and activities designed to implement parent involvement objectives and performance standards; supports and encourages parent participation in all Head Start and Early Head Start activities; regularly monitors, tracks, assesses, analyzes and evaluates parent involvement activities; assists in the development and implementation of activities of the Policy Council (PC) and other parent committees; coordinates with other program content experts and with agencies and services that can provide resources that would facilitate parent involvement; collects and analyzes information for specialized reports; develops, distributes and analyzes the results of parent surveys; and prepares routine and narrative reports in accordance with assigned functions.
- Trains program staff in implementing parent involvement strategies; provides program orientation to parent groups in parent involvement opportunities within the program; develops and implements training modules and activities for parents; and promotes parent involvement and participation in Head Start or Early Head Start programs.
- Serves as a liaison between parents, staff and community groups, interpreting their roles in the Head Start/Early Head Start/programs; maintains confidentiality of records and information on Head Start program families; serves as an advocate for parent involvement in Head Start, Early Head Start and community.
- Participates in general program evaluation and monitoring processes; participates in writing the Head Start and Early Head Start grant goals in conjunction with the Director, management staff, policy council, parents and staff; monitors parent involvement budget; and perform all other related duties.
5. Other assignments that may need the associate’s expertise, knowledge or ability
1. AA Degree, BA preferred in social services, familydevelopment, mental health or similar field preferred.
2. Has specialized knowledge in workingwith adults, adult education, recreation, etc.
3. Experience working with diverse families of very youngchildren.
4. Ability to communicate effectively, through oral and writtenskills, and work cooperatively with a variety of individuals and groups. Mustrelate well to children and their families.
5. Training and experience necessary to develop consistent,stable and supportive relationships with families of very young children; mustdevelop knowledge of parent involvement, cooperative family goal setting,supporting families through change.
6. Bilingual preferred.
7. Ability to lift up to 40 pounds. Ability to stand, stoop and bend for extendedperiods of time.
8. Ability to pass post-offer medical examinationand test for tuberculosis.
9. Ability to obtain fingerprint clearance perEaster Seals Southern California and/or program requirements.
10. Ability to travel locally with reliabletransportation, maintain driving record in compliance with TransportationSafety Standards, and have proper auto insurance and vehicle registration.
Comprehensive benefits for qualified associates includes:
Employee Assistance Program
Flexible Spending Accounts
ther Requirements and Information about the Position: