Behavior Interventionist - PAID TRAINING
- Laguna Niguel, CA
Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of children and enjoy a supportive work environment, flexible schedule, professional development opportunities, and nationwide peer group support and mentoring?
For nearly 100 years, Easter Seals has been empowering individuals with disabilities and special needs, and their families, to live life to the fullest. Easter Seals Southern California (ESSC) provides education, outreach, and advocacy for those with autism and other disabilities, utilizing forward-thinking and evidence-based behavioral sciences, treatment, and consultation services.
Launch your career while changing the lives of individuals with autism spectrum disorders and their families. While many therapy services require years of specialized schooling, Easter Seals can offer you the unique opportunity to receive intensive training and supervision, and direct experience working in the autism field. This is an excellent opportunity to make a difference and jump start your career in this expanding field.
Opportunities are currently available for Behavior Interventionists in the Laguna Niguel area (and surrounding cities) to provide one-on-one, specialized behavior intervention services to children. Behavior Interventionists will also monitor the development of children in the home, community and/or other settings, in addition to providing parent education.
Link here to apply!
Remember you must apply in the County you reside in.
- Degree or currently enrolled in college with preference to programs related to early childhood education, psychology, nursing or related field plus 2 years of experience with children with autism spectrum disorders or related developmental disabilities.
- Familiar with and/or willing to learn and implement the approaches to intervention based on the science of Applied Behavior Analysis.
- Demonstrate good judgment, decision making, and communication skills. Exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Must relate well to children and their families
- Strong working knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office
- Ability to work part-time between 1:00-7:00 PM Mon-Fri, and Saturdays between 9:00 AM and 1:00 PM.
- Ability to pass background/fingerprint clearance, health screenings and provide/obtain immunizations
- Some travel in assigned areas is required. Reliable transportation, proof of valid California driver's license, safe driving record, proper auto insurance and vehicle registration.
- Bilingual a plus
- Starting hourly range $17-$19 dependent on experience or education.
- Tuition Assistance
- 401(K) + Matching
- Holiday Pay
- Sick Leave Pay
- Medical (Affordable Care Act)
- Direct Deposit & Credit Union
- Referral Bonus Program
- Benefit Hub - Corporate Discounts