ABA Regional Trainer - Now Hiring!
- Riverside, CA, USA
For nearly 100 years, Easterseals has been the indispensable resource for individuals and families facing disability by providing services that make positive differences in people’s lives every day.
Easterseals Southern California provides a variety of services that are designed to help people live, learn, work and play in their communities. Join us as at easterseals.com/southerncal as we work to change the way the world defines and views disabilities so that everyone can achieve their personal goals.
Under limited supervision, this position provides quality and program management, and provides clinical supervision and work direction to Program Managers and Interventionists. The Regional Trainer also provides discipline-specific treatment for children with development delays, disabilities, and autism spectrum disorders (ASD). This position is also responsible for development and delivery of training materials on organizational products, processes and technologies so as to ensure that team members develop, maintain, and increase their own clinical and/or process knowledge
- Requires a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in early childhood education/development, early childhood special education, special education, psychology, behavior analysis, or related field, and 5 to 7 years of experience working with children with Autism Spectrum Disorders in a multi-disciplinary team setting, or the equivalent combination of training, education and experience to perform the job successfully.
- A Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) Certification is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with behavior analysis teaching/training techniques used in organizational settings.
- Demonstrated expertise in approaches to intervention based on the science of Applied Behavior Analysis. Competent in employing and directing behavior analytic methodologies including Pivotal Response Training (PRT), Natural Environment Teaching (NET), Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS) Behavior Skills Training (BST), and experimental functional analysis (EFA).
- Demonstrated knowledge of scientifically-validated methodologies and approaches found to benefit individuals with ASD; familiar with current related research findings.
- Knowledge of the field of early intervention, and other community resources and agencies that serve individuals with ASD.
- Strong clinical, administrative, and leadership skills, with the ability to maintain customer service orientation and professionalism in all interactions, and demonstrate good judgement, decision-making, and communication skills with a variety of individuals and groups, while exercising discretion and maintaining confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate effectively, through oral and written skills, and work cooperatively with a variety of individuals, groups, and all levels of staff throughout the organization.
- Ability to interpret and implement policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Expert knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and related computer software.
- Ability to relate well with children and their families.
- Ability to maintain valid CPR certification, as well as valid CA driver license, safe driving record, and proper auto insurance/vehicle registration.
- Ability to travel within and across regions with reliable transportation.
*This position covers Riverside, and surrounding areas.
Great opportunity to expand ABA knowledge through training others; Low billable requirement; skills in the areas behavior analysis and Organizational Behavior Management will be developed and utilized in this position.
Other details about the job include:
- Competitive Pay and benefits package
- Flexible schedule
- Creativity encouraged
- Work with a positive and collaborative team!