NEEDED: American Sign Language Professional - $200 sign-on bonus!
- West Covina, CA
Easterseals Adult Day Services offer individuals the opportunity to become active members of the community. Individuals learn work-related skills by engaging in regularly scheduled volunteer work, community service projects and other ventures. If needed, support is provided to better manage behavioral challenges. Each person's independence, social status and quality of life are greatly enhanced.
We are recruiting for a Personal Attendant/Life Skills Coach to work 1:1 with an individual with special needs. Must know American Sign Language (ASL). Duties include planning, preparing and completing weekly schedules of daily volunteer and social activities out in the community for adult individuals with disabilities in order to increase his/her work, social, and living skills and provide learning experiences. Provide personal care for individuals when needed. Assist in participant assessments, planning and evaluation processes. Maintain all assigned documentation and data, including case notes, in a timely manner.
Hours: 7:30 AM - 2:30 PM
1. Must know American Sign Language
2. Must be computer literate, dependable, organized, and very detail-oriented
3. Experience working with people with disabilities is required.
4. Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing with all levels of staff, the general public and the people we support.
5. Must have good leadership skills.
6. Ability to consistently demonstrate good judgment and decision-making skills.
7. Ability to provide assistance with personal care to individuals, including ability to transfer an individual who has no weight-bearing skills.
8. Ability to walk, stand, stoop and push a wheelchair and be out in a variety of weather; ability to lift 70 pounds repetitively.
9. Must be able to use personal vehicle for driving within area (company provides mileage reimbursement)
Bonus effective after successful completion of first 30 days, and only effective through August 2017.