DIRECT HIRE - Calliditas Therapeutics - Rare Disease Account Manager/Nephrology - Salt Lake City, Utah
- Department: Sales
- Job Family: Sales - Outside
EVERSANA has partnered with Calliditas Therapeutics for this Direct Hire opportunity. Calliditas Therapeutics is a biopharma company based in Stockholm, Sweden focused on identifying, developing and commercializing novel treatments in orphan indications, with an initial focus on renal and hepatic diseases with significant unmet medical needs. Calliditas’ lead product, TARPEYO, has been approved by the FDA as the first treatment indicated to reduce proteinuria in adults with primary IgAN at risk of rapid disease progression. Additionally, Calliditas plans to initiate clinical trials with NOX inhibitor product candidates in primary biliary cholangitis and head and neck cancer. Calliditas is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (ticker: CALTX) and the Nasdaq Global Select Market (ticker: CALT).
Reasons to join the Calliditas Therapeutics Team
- Be a part of a global leader in IgA- Nephropathy
- Rare Disease product launch - TARPEYO Is indicted as a treatment for a rare, progressive autoimmune disease
- Fast paced small company environment
- We are building an amazing COMPANY - We are building a team of PERFORMERS that are ready to make IT happen - We are building a CULTURE that you will be proud to be a part of!
Calliditas Therapeutics offers their employees on this team competitive compensation (base plus bonus), paid time off, company paid holidays, 401-k plan, and a robust list of comprehensive employer benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, as well as many other options/plans. GREAT PLACE TO WORK!
DIRECT HIRE - Calliditas Therapeutics
The "Rare Disease Account Manager" is responsible for developing and implementing a business plan to maximize territory sales for TARPEYO. The business plan will align with the direction from commercial leadership and with all company guidelines, policies, and directives.
As a Rare Disease Account Manager, you will:
- Deliver sales performance, brand KPIs, financial targets, marketing objectives, etc. to meet or exceed expectations
- Effectively promote and educate targeted physicians and their practices including, physician colleagues, RNs, NPs, PAs, MAs and office staff on Calliditas Therapeutics' product(s) using company approved resources, sales materials and promotional activities/initiatives as identified by sales leadership
- Achieve sales goals while adhering to ethical sales practices, compliance guidelines and promotional regulations
- Develop and execute a call plan that achieves set metrics and optimizes reach, coverage and frequency to key customers
- Effectively handle objections and concerns while moving the customer to logical and reasonable calls to action
- Continuously build knowledge of customer, territory, market dynamics, product, competitors and disease state
- Share market intelligence to optimize brand strategy and execution
- Effectively communicate product value proposition to customers
- Develop and maintain superior relationships with key decision makers and influencers (MDs, RNs, NPs, PAs, PharmDs, MAs, office staff, etc.) within target physician offices and hospitals.
- Deliver brand messaging in person and virtually to ensure comprehensive coverage of the territory
- Travel as needed throughout territory (may include overnights)
- Report and submit sales calls, reports, activities and territory expenses timely and accurately as defined by sales leadership
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited College/University is required
- A minimum of five years successful pharmaceutical sales experience - with at least 2 of these years in specialty and/or hospital sales
- Experience in nephrology or rare/orphan (specialty product) experience is required
- Proficiency in working with specialty drugs via a HUB distribution model is preferred
- Launch experience
- Proven track record of successful performance – must have documentation - national awards
- Excellent presentation skills – ability to proactively identify customer’s style / behavior and quickly adapt selling approach
- Demonstrates in-depth scientific, therapeutic, product, and competitor; recognized as an expert resource by all relevant stakeholders
- Strong business acumen and proficient use of business tools; possesses strategic and critical thinking capabilities
- Experience working territory alone yet collaborating and partnering with a team
- Ability to sell both "face to face" and virtually via Zoom/Teams/teleconferencing
- Builds collaborative partnerships and operates effectively in a matrix environment
- Offers innovative ideas and solutions to maximize business opportunities to address challenges
- Influences others and is viewed as a credible and respected role model and resource among peers
- Consistently displays positive attitude through challenges and change
- Approximately 60% (dependent on geography) travel expectation - overnight travel is required in this role
- Meet all requirements for health care industry representative (HCIR) credentialing to gain entry into facilities and organizations that are in your assigned territory. These HCIR credentialing requirements may include, but are not limited to, background checks, drug screens, and proof of immunization/vaccination for various diseases
From EVERSANA’s inception, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences, and backgrounds who share a passion for improving the lives of patients and leading innovation within the healthcare industry. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion, and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employees’ points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.