Direct Hire - Calliditas Therapeutics - Regional Business Director - Nephrology/Rare Disease - South Central
- Department: Sales
- Job Family: Sales - Outside
EVERSANA has partnered with Calliditas Therapeutics for this Direct Hire opportunity. Calliditas Therapeutics is a biopharma company based in Stockholm, Sweden focused on identifying, developing and commercializing novel treatments in orphan indications, with an initial focus on renal and hepatic diseases with significant unmet medical needs. Calliditas’ lead product, TARPEYO, has been approved by the FDA as the first treatment indicated to reduce proteinuria in adults with primary IgAN at risk of rapid disease progression. Additionally, Calliditas plans to initiate clinical trials with NOX inhibitor product candidates in primary biliary cholangitis and head and neck cancer. Calliditas is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (ticker: CALTX) and the Nasdaq Global Select Market (ticker: CALT).
Reasons to join the Calliditas Therapeutics Team
- Be a part of a global leader in IgA- Nephropathy
- Rare Disease product launch - TARPEYO Is indicted as a treatment for a rare, progressive autoimmune disease
- Fast paced small company environment
- We are building an amazing COMPANY - We are building a team of PERFORMERS that are ready to make IT happen - We are building a CULTURE that you will be proud to be a part of!
Calliditas Therapeutics offers their employees on this team competitive compensation (base plus bonus), paid time off, company paid holidays, 401-k plan, and a robust list of comprehensive employer benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, as well as many other options/plans. GREAT PLACE TO WORK!
DIRECT HIRE - Calliditas Therapeutics
The Regional Business Director is responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities in an assigned market. This position staffs and directs a regional sales team and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values. The RBD will need to observe and identify market opportunities and challenges and subsequently develop, plan, implement, and follow through with action plans to positively influence opportunities and challenges within and through their team; this includes the development of team members towards corporate growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate in-field activity to achieve results and agreed-upon Specialty targets
- Maximize market, segment, and team dynamics to drive both top- and bottom-line results
- Ensure smooth, collaborative efforts in both day to day and long term business execution
- Develop and execute a strategic Regional Sales Plan that is focused on specific specialty targets and key business drivers while supporting National Brand and Corporate Strategies
- Set tone and pace for business process and organization
- Coach, mentor, educate and develop direct and indirect team members to enhance individual selling skills and elevate overall team performance
- Maintain required technical expertise in order to respond accurately to all questions regarding products, policies, and business-related issues from customers and representatives
- Hold direct reports accountable to behaviors and expectations
- Effectively plan and conduct plan of action and other meetings with members of the Region, other Regions, and Corporate Leadership
- Manages region budget and overall responsibility for P&L at region level in alignment with Corporate expectations
- Has complete understanding of all relevant compliance laws, policies and processes
- Ensures actions of self and team are fully compliant
- Provide direction and insights to key internal partners in business planning process
- Consistently exemplify Calliditas Cultural Beliefs and high ethical standards
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- BS/BA or equivalent required; an MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 5-7 years pharmaceutical experience.
- 3+ years as a Pharmaceutical Sales Manager with successful track record of driving sales results within a specific region while leading a team of pharmaceutical sales representatives.
- Nephrology or Rare/Orphan (Specialty Product) experience is preferred. Strong Partnerships in Nephrology community desired.
- Expertise in product launch and coaching a face to face & virtual sales team.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to drive performance and form strong, productive partnerships effectively and efficiently.
- Applies advanced presentation skills for the delivery of corporate approved materials as well as highly adept in both verbal & written communication.
- Advanced business analytical skills to identify trends, opportunities, and threats
- Ability to articulate the scientific aspects of treatments and therapeutic areas
- Proven ability to deliver candid, effective feedback and efficiently manage performance
- Understanding of the legal and regulatory environment in pharmaceutical promotions.
- 60% travel – specialty territories are larger and will require overnight travel
From EVERSANA’s inception, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences, and backgrounds who share a passion for improving the lives of patients and leading innovation within the healthcare industry. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion, and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employees’ points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.