Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
- Lebuhraya Persekutuan, Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
We are currently seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented Senior Business Intelligence Analyst to fill an immediate need. This individual will work with the technical team and customers to understand and analyze requirements to develop and support BI solutions. The candidate will have experience designing and developing highly scalable data marts with a strong understanding of the BI and Data Warehouse operating environments. This role requires an individual who has a passion for technology and media and is looking to apply this to further their experience in real-world business scenarios.
- Work with a team of Data experts in completing data project deliverables
- Code review on developed code and packages to ensure data project standards are followed
- Communicate to stakeholders to support solutions and ensure priorities are handled properly
- Design, develop and support easily maintainable, highly scalable data solutions.
- Review client requirements and recommend the appropriate data model and solution
- Review poor performing databases and queries, and develop solutions utilizing the most appropriate tools.
- Identify, analyze and resolve discrepancies to ensure data integrity.
- Document data requirements and define report templates and dashboard specifications.
- Partner with other technology teams to deliver stable, highly available back end platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (computer science, statistics or related)
- 7+ years of experience in a business intelligence development and/or analytical position
- Experience in data profiling / modeling
- Experience in advanced SQL / Database development
- Experience in automating ETL / ELT processes using any ETL tool or script
- Experience in reporting design / implementation in various BI technologies
- Ability to understand the underlying data - why it was used, what information it conveys to the viewer and how to derive that information from the data source
- Hands-on experience designing, developing and testing on the following technologies are highly desirable:
- Python with experience in data pipeline or data manipulation
- Apache Airflow, Luigi or any Python orchestrator tool / ETL Framework
- AWS implementation – Kinesis Stream, S3, RDS
- Snowflake, Redshift, PostgresSQL, MS SQL Server 2016 or any MPP platform
Salary: Rm 10,000 - Rm 18,000