Senior SEO Specialist (Technical)
- Barcelona, Spain
ESL Languages is the leading European study abroad agency. We have been organising language courses abroad throughout the world since 1996. Our presence is international, with more than 35 sales offices across Europe.
Beyond linguistic, cultural and geographical borders, more than 25 thousand students every year make the choice to book with ESL and make their goal of learning a language and discovering the world a reality.
ESL received many industry accolades over the years. We entered into the eternal Hall of Fame as Best European Study Abroad Agency in Europe in 2016 after winning 5 times in 6 consecutive years. This prestigious ST award is based on the votes of thousands of language schools around the world and rewards the quality counseling and high service provided by all of the ESL staff.
In 2019, ESL became part of the Kaplan Languages Group, one of the largest global chains of English language schools. ESL continues to work an independent agency within the KLG group.
The Senior SEO specialist will lead the technical SEO roadmap implementation. She/he will contribute to the overall SEO and Email Marketing strategies, implementing them in owned markets and helping the Specialists to deal with their markets challenges to increase organic visits and lead acquisition. She/he will help and coach the SEO Specialists to adopt best practices in technical SEO. Being upfront of the SEO trends, innovations, developments and ways to track, monitor, analyse and report on activities.
- Ensure the best and up-to-date international and local SEO practices are implemented (primarily on Google) by the team.
- Proactively propose Technical SEO optimisation including site audits, keyword research, localization, competitor analysis, backlink analysis and link building
- Review and analyse ESL sites for areas that can be improved and optimised to increase visits and leads.
- Put in place processes to identify technical issues by using a range of web and desktop tools
- Define change requests for the Web team to fix issues or request improvements
- Keep updated on latest trends in SEO to avoid search engine penalties.
- Provide Content team with clear guidelines for them to create content that comply with SEO needs.
- Prepare detailed strategy, analysis and results reports.
- Review overall link-building strategy and propose improvements
- Research and analyse competitors’ back-links.
- Manage and build relationships with agencies and third-party websites
- Give support and train other team members
- Participate in cross-development project representing the SEO voice and fostering the engagement and participation of the
- Create email marketing campaigns to promote ESL’s products and services following the marketing and content calendar.
- Implement the Email marketing strategy.
- Coordinate all the departments involved and steps in the newsletter process: content creation, proof-reading, database segmentation, schedule, etc.
- A/B testing and making sure we are aligned and up-to-date with email marketing best practices.
- Track and analyse the results of the campaigns and share the reports.
Reporting and Analysis
- Bring to the next level the SEO reporting capabilities
- Track, monitor and report on key metrics for the SEO and Email marketing activities.
- Make recommendations in order to optimise the performance
Education and experience
- At least 5 years of experience working in technical SEO. SEO migration projects, Content marketing and Outreach background are a big plus.
- Industry tools (Google Analytics, SEO tools, Emailing tools, etc).
- Excel, HTML, CSS knowledge.
- Reporting capabilities
- Project management.
- Up to date in the latest Internet trends & technologies.
- Fluent in English is a must.
- Italian, French, Spanish or German are a plus
- Reliable, detail and result-oriented skills.
- Have both creative thinking and analytical skills.
- Have a great flexibility, outstanding organization skills and the ability to work independently and in a team.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a logical, simple and creative manner.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Positive and can-do attitude.
- Team oriented.
What we offer you
- The opportunity to develop your skills in an international environment
- A first or a new experience in the exciting field of language travel
- A young and dynamic work atmosphere
- Corporate ethics oriented sustainable development
Contract: Permanent Contract
Activity rate: 100%
Start date: ASAP
Place of work: Barcelona
Reference: Marketing_ ES
If you fit the profile and are tempted by the experience, please send us your application file in English (résumé) along with a cover letter.
We kindly inform you that only the applications retained for an interview will be contacted.