Design & UX/UI Manager
- Barcelona, Spain
ESL Languages is the leading European study abroad agency. We have been organising language courses abroad throughout the world since 1996. Our presence is international, with more than 35 sales offices across Europe.
Beyond linguistic, cultural and geographical borders, more than 25 thousand students every year make the choice to book with ESL and make their goal of learning a language and discovering the world a reality.
ESL received many industry accolades over the years. We entered into the eternal Hall of Fame as Best European Study Abroad Agency in Europe in 2016 after winning 5 times in 6 consecutive years. This prestigious ST award is based on the votes of thousands of language schools around the world and rewards the quality counseling and high service provided by all of the ESL staff.
In 2019, ESL became part of the Kaplan Languages Group, one of the largest global chains of English language schools. ESL continues to work an independent agency within the KLG group.
The Design & UX/UI Manager will be accountable of the Design and UX/UI areas within the Marketing Department:
- She/he will provide digital creative direction and hands-on delivery of all design materials of the company, including B2C marketing campaigns and creatives, B2B collateral and corporate materials.
- She/he will provide directions and deliver UX/UI solutions and wireframes to the digital team for the website development, optimization and projects.
- She/he will manage workload and resources to deliver all materials and projects aligned with briefing and brand guidelines, in a timely manner and within budget.
- The Digital Design Manager will develop, train and coach the team towards excellence, quality and innovation.
- Work with cross-functional teams to translate business, marketing and web objectives into clear design briefs and outputs.
- Lead and deliver together with her/his team all the creative requests, coordinating design and UX/UI projects from start to finish.
- Present proposals to stakeholders and incorporate feedback.
- Balance both creative and commercial needs, creating digital designs that successfully meet business, marketing and website objectives.
- Leads the creation and production of audiovisual elements according to the needs of the company.
- Accountable for the design and production of printed elements and documents, merchandising and office identity/decoration.
- Responsible for organizing and maintaining the Design servers and databases.
- Ensures effective communication and collaboration within the team, with the rest of marketing areas and Departments (Web, Product, Sales), with schools and with external service providers.
- Coach the design & UX/UI team, encouraging a collaborative approach and nurturing individual skills.
- Bachelor’s degree with specific tuition in UX/UI.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience managing a Digital Design and/or UX/UI team.
- A hands-on manager who can provide constructive feedback and mentorship to other team members in Digital Design, UX and UI.
- Proven experience leading UX/UI on web projects.
- Excellent knowledge of Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Good illustration skills.
- Flexible, organised and comfortable with project management and operational tasks.
- Solution oriented, positive and can-do attitude with strong focus on delivery. Team player, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluent in English
- Spanish, Italian, German and French are a plus
What We Offer You:
- The opportunity to develop your skills in an international environment, in the exciting field of tourism
- A dynamic work atmosphere
- Competitive salary + Ticket restaurant
- Place of work: Barcelona (Spain)
- Start date: to be determined
- Reference: ESL_Marketing
- Type of contract: permanent contract (6 months trial period)
- Activity rate: Full time
If you fit the profile and are interested in this position, please send us your application file in English (résumé) along with a cover letter.