Social Media & Content Manager
- Barcelona, Spain
ESL Languages is the leading European study abroad agency. We have been organising language courses abroad throughout the world since 1996. Our presence is international, with more than 35 sales offices across Europe.
Beyond linguistic, cultural and geographical borders, more than 25 thousand students every year make the choice to book with ESL and make their goal of learning a language and discovering the world a reality.
ESL received many industry accolades over the years. We entered into the eternal Hall of Fame as Best European Study Abroad Agency in Europe in 2016 after winning 5 times in 6 consecutive years. This prestigious ST award is based on the votes of thousands of language schools around the world and rewards the quality counseling and high service provided by all of the ESL staff.
In 2019, ESL became part of the Kaplan Languages Group, one of the largest global chains of English language schools. ESL continues to work an independent agency within the KLG group.
- Ensures that the Social Media, Content and comms strategies are aligned with the overall marketing objectives and plans.
- Full ownership of Social Media profiles (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube) and point of contact with Sales for Google My Business requests.
- Responsible for the marketing communications calendar creation and coordination with other areas of the department.
- Leading the conceptualisation, briefing, writing and publication of marketing and corporate content and campaigns.
- Supervising and coordinating the Copywriting of product descriptions, online corporate content, landing pages, blog posts, social media copy, videos, newsletters, newsletters, radio, print, etc.
- Responsible for e-Reputation: monitor and report online reviews ratings. Owner of the strategy for further improvement.
- Ensures quality control, agility and on time execution of content, campaigns and Social Media. Writing and updating guidelines for the department and other departments involved such as Sales.
- Training other members of the Marketing and Sales departments.
- KPIs follow up and Reporting.
- Responsible for the benchmarking and competitors’ analysis.
- Ensures we follow Social Media best practices
- Accountable for website marketing content optimisation and projects.
- Other Marketing areas
- Sales: LTCs will execute the social media plan according to the SM calendar and
- guidelines. AM/RM may have some ideas and proposals of online campaigns.
- Product: SMCM will request translations of the copies needed. Providing product topics to be communicated / promoted.
- Advertising agencies when relevant. Social Media tools providers.
Education and experience
- A degree in Marketing, Communication, Journalism or Business Management.
- At least 3-5 years working experience on both planning Social Media and Content strategies, production and execution.
- Previous experience managing in-house copywriters, Social Media specialists, external agencies and freelancers.
- Experience managing a team and budget in Social Media, Content and/or Brand.
- Expertise in main social media channels: Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok, LinkedIn.
- Hoot-suite, Sprout Social or any other Social Media management platform.
- Google Analytics.
- MS-Office / Google Suite.
- Excellent writing skills
- Analytical skills
- Reporting capabilities
- Facebook business manager
- Comfortable working with multiple projects and deadlines.
- Great communication skills.
- Team and resource management.
- Leadership and organisational skills.
- Have a reliable and a detail and result-oriented personality.
- Creative thinking and at the same time analytical mind.
- Flexibility to adapt to new processes and to define new ways of working.
- Fluent English is a must.
- Spanish, French or German is a plus.
- Interested in languages and travel.
What We Offer You:
- The opportunity to develop your skills in an international environment, in the exciting field of language travel
- A young and dynamic work atmosphere
- An environment where corporate ethics and sustainable development matter
- Competitive salary + Ticket restaurant
Place of work: Barcelona (Spain)
Start date: ASAP
Type of contract: Permanent
Activity rate: Full time
If you fit the profile and are interested in this position, please send us your application file in English (résumé) along with a cover letter. Please note that only applications received through our online platform will be informed of the status of their application.