IT Support Technician- Tier 2
- Barcelona, Spain
ESL Languages is the leading European study abroad agency. We have been organising language courses abroad throughout the world since 1996. Our presence is international, with more than 35 sales offices across Europe.
Beyond linguistic, cultural and geographical borders, more than 25 thousand students every year make the choice to book with ESL and make their goal of learning a language and discovering the world a reality.
ESL received many industry accolades over the years. We entered into the eternal Hall of Fame as Best European Study Abroad Agency in Europe in 2016 after winning 5 times in 6 consecutive years. This prestigious ST award is based on the votes of thousands of language schools around the world and rewards the quality counseling and high service provided by all of the ESL staff.
In 2019, ESL became part of the Kaplan Languages Group, one of the largest global chains of English language schools. ESL continues to work an independent agency within the KLG group.
We are looking for a motivated, experienced IT Support Technician, who is passionate about self-learning, as well as assisting others in the workplace, looking to take the next step in their career in a dynamic, international business.
The IT Support Technician will be based in the Barcelona Head Office which is a subsidiary business of Kaplan International.
Your role will be to resolve IT issues of varying complexities, across a range of IT systems for internal staff and you will provide onsite, field and remote support (TeamViewer) to all functions and areas of the business. You will be working collaboratively within a team of 9+ as well as project teams to implement new systems and install hardware.
Your role will focus on resolving mainly 2nd line issues and assisting with 1st line when required, playing a part in the delivery of IT Projects as well as fitting and installing machines on-site and at remote sites. You will need to take ownership and full responsibility for logging and handling your work, as well as monitoring the business systems and resolving issues.
Your main duties:
- Provide 1st and 2nd line support for incidents and service requests via ITSM (SolarWinds Web Helpdesk), face to face, email, phone & IM
- Take ownership and a proactive approach to ensure all incidents/service requests are resolved/closed within agreed SLA’s (business expectations)
- Record, track, and document the lifecycle of an incident or request, including all troubleshooting steps, actions taken, through to final resolution within the ITSM tool
- Active Directory and Azure AD users and groups administration
- Support and maintain Office 365
- Manage end user accounts, permissions, access rights and business system content in line with compliance
- Install, update, and support our business systems and 3rd party applications
- Manage knowledge base and publish support documentation
- Work effectively and productively with the Service Desk Manager, System Administrators, Business Systems Developers, Vendors and escalate when required
- Setup and configure new hardware for the business (mostly Apple Mac using JAMF)
- Identify trending issues and possible problems when performing preventative maintenance
- Ensure technology policies, procedures and best practices are implemented and adhered to including GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) and SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley Act)
- Follow best practice across incident lifecycle (Escalation, Problem Management, Change Management and Purchasing)
- Monitor/manage networking equipment (switches and firewalls), network availability, security, and servers
- Administrate and troubleshoot VOIP telephony systems RMES and Horizon.
- Adobe Suite, Atlassian & 4D administration and support
- Carry out maintenance on IT and AV technologies within the offices including meeting rooms (support meetings where required – Cisco WebEx)
- Manage mobile phone contracts with Vodafone and issue handsets
- Technical vocational training or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (Spanish/French is not a full requirement)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an IT Support role and strong knowledge of IT environments with a technical, methodical, and intelligent approach to troubleshooting and problem solving
- Proactive approach and professional attitude when identifying and resolving issues
- Extensive knowledge of MAC OSX and significant experience supporting Mac devices in an enterprise setting using JAMF
- Knowledge of Active Directory & Azure AD
- Microsoft Office 365 admin centre administration and troubleshooting experience
- Solid understanding of DHCP, DNS, VPN, VOIP Telephony and Virtualisation
- Previous experience using ITSM (helpdesk) applications
- Experience maintaining company asset’s within Asset Database, Excel Online Spreadsheets, add asset tags to machines and track changes
- Understanding of the ITIL framework / ITIL Certified
- CompTIA A+, MCSA Windows Server 2012/2016 and or MCSA Office 365 qualification
- Knowledge of Windows XP/7/8.1/10, Server 2008/2012/2016/2019
- High standard of Incident & Problem management
- Network Troubleshooting ability on routers, switches, WAP’s, DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, Firewalls, WAN, and LAN
- MSCE Server 2012/2016, CCNA
- Good understanding of mobile OS e.g. Android/iOS
- French and Spanish speaking
What We Offer You:
- The opportunity to develop your skills in an international environment, in the exciting field of language travel
- A young and dynamic work atmosphere
- An environment where corporate ethics and sustainable development matter
- Competitive salary + Ticket restaurant
Place of work: Barcelona (Spain)
Start date: ASAP
Type of contract: Permanent
Activity rate: Full time
If you fit the profile and are interested in this position, please send us your application file in English (résumé) along with a cover letter. Please note that only applications received through our online platform will be informed of the status of their application.
Please apply by Wednesday 16th December 2020. (We may close the role earlier if we have received a sufficient number of applications)